FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: DMCH new build discussion **Split from Ebay car vin thread***

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Hell, what happened to the promised electric delorean?
    The explanation would be that DMCH see more value in the DMC Brand than they do in the DMC Car. Boosting the brand is easy, producing cars (or even bits for cars) is hard (binnacles, fuel pumps - that don't recall). I would guess the service business is break even or modestly profitable to keep the lights on. The stock of parts is simply not easy to monetize at a reasonable pace. The ease with which they can boost the brand value by (every 3 years or so) announcing a 'new' DeLorean car has got to be addictive. I think we're 1 to 2 years away from another electric, hydrogen fuel cell, fusion powered or something DeLorean announcement - it doesn't really matter because there is no effective way to make it real and they get the brand hit without even trying.

Making an electric DeLorean is really hard - ask me how I know.

Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Making an electric DeLorean is really hard - ask me how I know.

Jeff
    I just started making mine electric. Mostly copying someone else though.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The NHTSA team has responded. The replica car regulations aren't finished yet but they're one step closer. The regs are out for public comment now.

LINK: NHTSA answers SEMA’s lawsuit by issuing overdue replica vehicle regulations

LINK: SEMA press release 12-19-19

This is the 118 page Notice of Proposed Rulemaking from NHTSA

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    All joking aside, here is an update from April of last year:

"Getting back to the current status of the bill, we find that its implementation continues to be bogged down by bureaucracy. When passed in 2015, the EPA and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration were given 12 months to issue any necessary regulations to implement the law, but the deadline passed without consequence. The documents are now in various stages of completion."

Source:
    https://blog.myclassicgarage.com/low...i=8431f362a261

Another article from July 2018:

"Despite pressure from Congress, NHTSA has failed to issue a rule or a timeline on when it will act, putting manufacturing jobs on hold, leaving customers frustrated and small businesses losing millions of dollars."

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2018...cturers-act-of

Apparently many of the manufacturers that will benefit from this law have had to add to their skill set:
    - lobbying the EPA and NHSTA to get off their asses and do their job.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The replica car regulations aren't finished yet but they're one step closer.

LOL...even the most optimistic of people can read between the lines on that one. Translation "We ain't even close...we can't even see close from here"

Apparently DMCH is and has been making new DeLoreans and the truth has been kept from us. Now the entire Jeopardy audience knows the real truth and we are just a bunch of uninformed idiots.

20191225_195047.jpg

I guess it's a true statement technically speaking. They have "started" the process much like JZD started the DeLorean in the mid 70's.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-25-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Apparently DMCH is and has been making new DeLoreans and the truth has been kept from us. Now the entire Jeopardy audience knows the real truth and we are just a bunch of uninformed idiots.

20191225_195047.jpg

I guess it's a true statement technically speaking. They have "started" the process much like JZD started the DeLorean in the mid 70's.
    Is that a real screenshot from the show? If so, that’s awesome.

Yes, it’s annoying to keep hearing “new” DeLoreans are available but what other nearly 40 year old orphan car has this kind of exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post

Yes, it’s annoying to keep hearing “new” DeLoreans are available but what other nearly 40 year old orphan car has this kind of exposure?
    It aired Christmas

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post

+1
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

I personally think misinformation is bad exposure. I really don't like that the average know it all thinks my pristine 1981 DeLorean is just some new car with a Ford engine under the hood. I also am beginning to realize that for every one person I correct, 1,000 more take his place and it's just a hopeless battle. I guess this is exactly what DMCH wanted with all their promises and hyperbole so why should I try and undo what they have spent the last 15 years promoting? From now on this is me:

"Yes I am in fact aware that there is a company in Texas selling them brand new. They are taking orders now. Call James Espy at 1-800-DeLorean and he will walk you through the process."

My VIN:    03500

Well at a car show I had an argument with a guy who said they only made 3000 Deloreans! Because he heard it on the history channel.

Dave B.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast