FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Folding the factory jack?

My VIN:    5470

Folding the factory jack?

I have the factory jack that came with my car. It looks like the threaded rod is supposed to fold over so it can fit in the bag, but it doesn't want to go. Is there a trick to it? Mine is stuck in an "L" shape.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    I have the factory jack that came with my car. It looks like the threaded rod is supposed to fold over so it can fit in the bag, but it doesn't want to go. Is there a trick to it? Mine is stuck in an "L" shape.
    I had to use mine this past summer when I got a flat tire and the jack definitely folded in. Here's the way it's shown on the delorean.com parts store:

Although. I think I was able to get mine even further collapsed than what is shown

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Lift straight up on the screw while holding the base. It should lift the cross block out of notch in the other scissor arm. Then it will fold over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5470

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Lift straight up on the screw while holding the base. It should lift the cross block out of notch in the other scissor arm. Then it will fold over.
    Thank you SO much. I'm always so thankful when people go out of their way to photograph stuff to help others like that. You helped me figure out my issue. The last person to use the jack had turned the bottom of the screw 90 degrees, so instead of sitting in the grooves, those round bits were in the front and back, with one wedged very firmly under the arm. Took a lot of 'persuasion' but I figured if it got in there, it could come out, and it did. Thanks again!
    20170111_230157.jpg 20170111_230221.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Your very welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.