FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Fuel Injection Lines are the best?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I installed DPI's full set in blue in the spring. Josh also includes new injector boots/seals, which was awesome. The FV line swap isnt the difficult one to change, it's the return line at the hard line that is the hardest one to change. You have to get two wrenches down there in a confined corner and try not to break anything requiring separating from body from the frame!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
    Martin Gutkowski also sell a 13 hose set at a good price.
    This is the set I have. Martin was the only guy offering all 13 hoses several years ago. So I went with his. He includes all new banjo bolts and thick copper crush washers.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    00860

Thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated!

My VIN:    3294

Like Dave mentioned above, I've also got DPI's Blue fuel lines on my car. The fittings on the ends of the line can be oriented pretty easily to avoid any binding. I get a lot of compliments on them at car shows.

Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

[QUOTE=bfloyd;211787]Like Dave mentioned above, I've also got DPI's Blue fuel lines on my car. The fittings on the ends of the line can be oriented pretty easily to avoid any binding. I get a lot of compliments on them at car shows.]

Wow. Looks great. I need to get my engine compartment looking this good!

Thanks for the photos!

My VIN:    10722

Does any vendor offer the 13 line kit in red? I've found 9 lines and 12 lines in red, but never all 13.

Andy

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by gulwng3 View Post
    Does any vendor offer the 13 line kit in red? I've found 9 lines and 12 lines in red, but never all 13.

Andy
    We only offer 10 in red at DeLorean Industries. I can price out making the last three in red if you would like.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

+1 for DPI lines. I have their entire set on my DeLorean and completed the lines that DMC doesn't sell with DPI lines on my wife's DeLorean that came with DMC stainless lines.

Besides DPI offering all 13 lines, they also offer different colored or clear sheathing. The sheathed lines on my D stay clean, and it's easy to wipe off any grime that may stick to the sheathing. On my wife's D, little bits of black grime get stuck in the stainless weave. Eventually, it will look dirty and is difficult to clean.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

another +1 for DPI lines.

They also make working on the engine easier, giving more access to bolts/fittings since there's no thick rubber sheathing over the lines like on the NOS lines. when i installed mine (thanks dmruschell for the install assistance!) back in May, i did all of them except the return line because its lower pressure and i didn't feel like messing with that hard to get/deal with triple nut... thing. luckily my NOS lines were found to be in pretty good nick, but i err'd on the side of caution to replace them. the only real gotcha when replacing the lines is checking for and tracking down any residual leaks around the banjo bolts post install - and always using fresh copper washers if a leaks is found and cant be fixed by simply tightening up fittings (to within torque specs )

I have replaced all my lines. I have to say, this is an easy job and IMHO it is such a huge risk not to replace them. Not only do the new lines look a million times better, Why would any of us risk having one of our amazing cars burn up because we didn't bother to replace a set of lines that cost under $350 (for the most expensive set). Change your lines guys! It gives great peace of mind. It's not worth the brain damage!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast