FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Fuel Injection Lines are the best?

My VIN:    00860

Which Fuel Injection Lines are the best?

I want to replace my Fuel Injection lines. I am curious to know which set you all consider to be the best? I am paranoid about this whole fire thing and I want to change them out ASAP.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DKDMC View Post
    I want to replace my Fuel Injection lines. I am curious to know which set you all consider to be the best? I am paranoid about this whole fire thing and I want to change them out ASAP.
    The OEM lines seem to be, for the most part, pretty long lasting. That said, if they have been abused, kinked, stretched, or otherwise damaged, they don't leak. What does leak can be the seals at the ends but that can happen with any lines, even new ones. What I do think could be replaced are the lines around the fuel accumulator and the fuel pump. The ones in the engine compartment are usually OK.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DKDMC View Post
    Hi there,

I don't think there is any one set that is the best. I think it comes down to price and good communication/customer care among the vendors. I have DMC's kit. They fit like a glove, look good, and I like that they were individually marked with part numbers to help installation. I can vouch for DMC's customer service and follow through.

Here are a few pics:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I got the feed and return lines from DeLorean Club-UK and I'm happy with them. I just needed to add my own black heat shrink tubing. I have yet to install the return line.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I went with DPI's kit. I liked that it had 13 lines instead of 9 DMC offers. It is a little bit more expensive, but you get more lines. The shop is installing them now so no pics yet.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate88 View Post
    I went with DPI's kit. I liked that it had 13 lines instead of 9 DMC offers. It is a little bit more expensive, but you get more lines. The shop is installing them now so no pics yet.
    Same. I heard good things about them, so I ordered a set. Still have to install them though.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    3937

What do you guys with these new fuel line kits do with the frequency valve? Do the kits include the two hoses for either side of the frequency valve? Do you reuse the FV and if so, what's the recommended way to swap it over to the new lines without damaging it?

(Old question, I apologize, just one that's never been answered to my knowledge).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Our kit does offer the lines to and from the frequency valve.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Our kit does offer the lines to and from the frequency valve.
    And what's the method for removing the old lines from the FV and installing the new without damaging the FV in the process? The connections right at the FV aren't threaded and I was under the impression those hoses had to be cut off in order to remove them?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    And what's the method for removing the old lines from the FV and installing the new without damaging the FV in the process? The connections right at the FV aren't threaded and I was under the impression those hoses had to be cut off in order to remove them?
    One side is threaded and we machine custom fittings for it. (pressure side) The return side has a section of FI hose jumping to the JIC connection point. To remove the old line section you simply use a razor blade to remove factory plastic line barb. Very easy to do. Over 500 kits sold so far with no issues.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    06201

Martin Gutkowski also sell a 13 hose set at a good price.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast