FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Engine plumbing removal

Engine plumbing removal

Hi,

If not subject to any smog checks, what's needed to keep the engine running properly?

Just a simple, tidy and functional engine and injection system is all I want. But I guess crankcase breathing, idle control and a cold start needs to be in place.

Is there a "best practice" for removing all the emissions control plumbing? What to keep and what to lose?

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

The system is so basic to begin with there is nothing you can be without. Unless you don't mind smelling gas fumes while driving.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Hi,

If not subject to any smog checks, what's needed to keep the engine running properly?

Just a simple, tidy and functional engine and injection system is all I want. But I guess crankcase breathing, idle control and a cold start needs to be in place.

Is there a "best practice" for removing all the emissions control plumbing? What to keep and what to lose?

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ......... it's all there for a reason and removing anything is going to cause problems...
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6585

The only thing I could possibly think of would be the Air Valve Inlet. It's a bit of a choke point for the intake, and lets the engine breath better when removed. Especially for pulling in colder air if the valve has gone bad. I trashed mine and never looked back since it never impacted my emissions. Plus a single hose looks much cleaner to me.

Otherwise save for your restrictive stock exhaust system, the rest of the emissions control systems will tune your fuel mixture and keep your engine running properly without actually impacting performance.

The LAMBDA system is there to set the ideal 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio for an optimal burn at all times, with the exception of enrichment upon WOT. It's a far cry from the antics of Detroit that involved garbage like "lean burn" and air/smog pumps that killed performance in order to match tailpipe emissions.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...