FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Wings a Loft, door popper reviews

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Oh man.... Do we know if these kits are still available? I love resurrecting old threads
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looking at the http://delorean-parts.com/ web site, they show most of the kits are available. Not sure how accurate the online inventory counts are though. You can always order and see what happens. If they don't have it, they should get back to you quickly and your CC won't be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Does Toby still work there? Kind of confusing that I've heard nothing back. Is anyone able to share some of the instructions?
    What E-mail address are you using? He's usually pretty good about replying back to me. However, I've had a few issues where his system thought I was SPAM for some reason. You can also always call direct at +1.425.451.7000. Granted it's not ideal for oversees calls, but I've never had an issue reaching him that way during normal US business hours.

My VIN:    6100,0707

Have a look at a Door Launch system i fitted to one of my cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lough Shore Man View Post

Also why is everyone calling this an "old thread"? Two posts before mine was from January, not five years ago. It's fair game to me!

(but hey, what do I know, I don't run the joint)

My VIN:    5983

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I have the kit for JUST the door launchers. No remotes, nothing but the actual mechanism to pop the doors and a few relays to trigger it. I can post pics once I find where I put it soon.

Toby's kits sometimes use existing parts that I'd prefer were redesigned entirely (the hood launcher is what I'm referring to here -- everyone asks "what's that?" when they see it), but honestly, they work. Nobody can say they can't. He's the name brand, and if Toby TABs are any indication, prices will skyrocket after they're out.
    Thanks Shep, sorry I don't quite understand what are you referring to with Toby "TABs"? What does that stand for? Which prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4099 View Post
    What E-mail address are you using? He's usually pretty good about replying back to me. However, I've had a few issues where his system thought I was SPAM for some reason. You can also always call direct at +1.425.451.7000. Granted it's not ideal for oversees calls, but I've never had an issue reaching him that way during normal US business hours.
    I'm using [email protected] - I think I found it on the website. Maybe I'll just give him a call anyway, I have some Skype credit left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lough Shore Man View Post
    Thanks mate, I actually watched a couple of your videos and thought they were pretty good. Only thing I would say is that sometimes your audio levels are bang on and other times it's very quiet. Did you ever make it out to Italy (I think?) for the race?

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Thanks Shep, sorry I don't quite understand what are you referring to with Toby "TABs"? What does that stand for? Which prices?
    TAB = Trailing Arm Bolts. They are large bolts that fasten the rear suspension trailing arms to the frame. The original DeLorean Trailing Arm Bolts are prone to bend and eventually snap if they corrode and/or seize. Obviously that's a pretty scary proposition if you're driving, especially at highway speeds. Around 15-20 years ago now Toby Peterson (now the proprietor of DMC-Northwest) manufactured an extended run of high-strength trailing arm bolts made of inconel. These are highly revered by the DeLorean community, and in the rare instance Toby TABs pop up for sale, they generally command high prices. This is why Toby's products have always been associated with exceptionalism.
    Louie Golden

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearbacon View Post
    Oh man.... Do we know if these kits are still available? I love resurrecting old threads
    It's one of DPNW's better selling products. And as the original designer of it, I can tell you that it is simpler to install than the one in the above video. It will come with detailed instructions. Just call Toby as others have noted.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

I do NOT have it as I originally said, my apologies, I only have the remote trunk release. I was eyeballing it but never got it, so I don't have anything on it.

I think I saw there were a couple holes drilled inside the door (where no one would see) and that's why I didn't do it myself, but 99.9% of people don't care about that. I'm in the 0.1% of people that do.

EDIT: thanks guys for elaborating on the TAB's bit, Louie got it spot on with the last sentence two posts prior to this one. TAB's set the standard that has yet to have anyone come close to. Like Babe Ruth if you're a baseball fan.

My VIN:    5983

Thanks guys.

I just got off the phone with Toby, he was very helpful. He explained the different systems and is going to email me over a rough price for shipping

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast