FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Looking for Wings a Loft, door popper reviews

My VIN:    6100,0707

Italy Trip in a "D"

My Co-Driver's Wife was diagnosed with cancer , so I cancelled the trip. The though of me having a great time drinking wine , eating cheese and driving my Delorean around Italy with out him was not on... Good news , things are looking better this time around , cancer has not come back . Put's into prospective the name of my video blog. Do that trip NOW guys as you may not have the gas in your tank to do it tomorrow.. P.S sorry about the video sound quality . Regards Tom

My VIN:    5983

Quote Originally Posted by Lough Shore Man View Post
    My Co-Driver's Wife was diagnosed with cancer , so I cancelled the trip. The though of me having a great time drinking wine , eating cheese and driving my Delorean around Italy with out him was not on... Good news , things are looking better this time around , cancer has not come back . Put's into prospective the name of my video blog. Do that trip NOW guys as you may not have the gas in your tank to do it tomorrow.. P.S sorry about the video sound quality . Regards Tom
    Sorry to hear that Tom, glad to hear things are looking better though. If you make it out there I'll keep an eye out for your videos!

My VIN:    814

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    ....if Toby TABs are any indication, prices will skyrocket....
    Hi guys, sorry, off topic but for info, I note that the legendary Dunmurry Motor Company now has

https://www.deloreango.com/uk/incone...arm-bolts.html

Andy

My VIN:    7012

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    my preference would be to hard-wire (i.e. solder) the connections rather than using the "vampire" clips supplied.
    If a car already had an installation with the "vampire" (or "T-tap" I think they are called) clips, is it as simple as cutting off the spade and T-tap and soldering that wire around the straight piece of wire where the jacket was snipped by the T-tap?
    solder.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Yes, as long as you insulate the joint afterwards...

My VIN:    7012

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yes, as long as you insulate the joint afterwards...
    Perfect, thank you! And yes, for the insulation, I will look for a clever trick someone has posted a video or diagram about.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Another thing that I should mention is you can drop the old heavy solenoids and replace them with the same linear actuators...making the door much much lighter and maybe, just maybe making the adjustment necessary in the opposite direction.
    This is 100% correct. Ditching thsoe old selenoids drops like over 10 lbs easy alone
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6