Thread: Announcement about DMC Florida - January 10, 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Announcement about DMC Florida - January 10, 2017

January 10, 2017

DeLorean Motor Company is pleased to announce the opening of its new and only authorized Florida location in Orlando. Pending permits, build-out of the facility and licensing we expect to open this new location in February 2017. Reservations for service/restoration work can be made now by calling (407) 203-2300 or by email to ‘[email protected]’.

“While the location in Southwestern Florida has served us well for many years, we are excited to be able to address the needs of the DeLorean community by being more centrally located”, said Stephen Wynne of DeLorean Motor Company, “and the close proximity to the numerous tourist attractions makes it convenient for owners and enthusiasts from all over the world to add us to their ‘must-see’ list while visiting Central Florida”.

Tony Ierardi promises dedicated, exclusive DeLorean service and access to DeLorean’s entire warehouse of parts and on-hand availability going forward, saying, “With this new dedicated DeLorean facility, we’ll be able to focus on having large quantities of DeLorean parts and accessories not only to ensure rapid service and thorough restoration work, but also to serve the needs of walk-in and mail-order clients as well.”

More details, including operating hours and location, will be announced soon.
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    Midproduction

VERY EXCITING! This is way more centric for me! Looking forward to checking out the new DMC-Fl!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

AWESOME news!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

What, if anything, is going to happen to the Bonita location? I live a few miles from there - I hope they will still offer the same services.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

I'm told that Gulf Coast Motorworks will continue to exist, but it is no longer an authorized DeLorean dealer or service center. DMC Florida in Orlando will be the only authorized DeLorean dealer/service center in the southeast going forward.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'll have to make a trip over there. I assume their inventory and Proto 1 will be relocated.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This is all fine and dandy. I have just one question. What is the importance of this "authorization" everyone keeps speaking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    This is all fine and dandy. I have just one question. What is the importance of this "authorization" everyone keeps speaking of?
    It refers to shops who are under the umbrella of DeLorean Motor Company, such as Houston, California, Northwest, Midwest, and now Orlando, FL.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    It refers to shops who are under the umbrella of DeLorean Motor Company, such as Houston, California, Northwest, Midwest, and now Orlando, FL.
    Well, of course it does. I'm hardly a beginner in this community. But that is not my point. Is that supposed to make me believe that it is better for some reason? And therefore, all of a sudden, the other place (GCMW) is not? It seems like that is the impression they are trying to make. If I am alone in this and mis-interpreting, then I am just reading into it wrong. I can claim myself the best underwater basket weaver in the world. It doesn't mean that I am just b/c I make that "statement". Eh, forget about it....y'all enjoy and good luck with all that is going on in Florida. I'm happy with more options out there.

My VIN:    6125

When I see "authorized" I just think "authorized to sell you NOS parts from the DMCH warehouse at the price listed on the website" and all of the related DMCH specific reproduction parts, 'Stage' kits, etc.

It seems like the independent vendors have their own sources for parts (NOS dealer stock they've purchased over the years?) or fabricate certain parts from scratch. I think some also buy parts from DMCH at retail price if they can't find it anywhere else. Unless DMCH is blocking sales of parts to independent vendors... but I don't know if that's the case.

I would also imagine that the owner of a DeLorean looking to have work done could buy parts from DMCH online and still have an independent shop do the install work for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast