FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Announcement about DMC Florida - January 10, 2017

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    This isn't out of control yet Michael. Just kind factual talk between people.
    I agree completely but this is talk...they lock threads when it paints golden vendors in a bad light..it's what they do.

Me making this statement means the admins will now go out of their way NOT to lock it.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-11-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Ah, the old double negative reverse troll. Well played.

When going down to FL it was always for a few days so it was hard to justify spending hours driving to get to DMCFL. Orlando is a great location.

Now, can we get someone to service the MidAtlantic Region?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Ah, the old double negative reverse troll. Well played.

When going down to FL it was always for a few days so it was hard to justify spending hours driving to get to DMCFL. Orlando is a great location.

Now, can we get someone to service the MidAtlantic Region?
    I thought that is what Grady did?
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I thought that is what Grady did?
    I don't think of NY as being particularly close.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This is all fine and dandy. I have just one question. What is the importance of this "authorization" everyone keeps speaking of?

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    This is all fine and dandy. I have just one question. What is the importance of this "authorization" everyone keeps speaking of?
    It refers to shops who are under the umbrella of DeLorean Motor Company, such as Houston, California, Northwest, Midwest, and now Orlando, FL.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    It refers to shops who are under the umbrella of DeLorean Motor Company, such as Houston, California, Northwest, Midwest, and now Orlando, FL.
    Well, of course it does. I'm hardly a beginner in this community. But that is not my point. Is that supposed to make me believe that it is better for some reason? And therefore, all of a sudden, the other place (GCMW) is not? It seems like that is the impression they are trying to make. If I am alone in this and mis-interpreting, then I am just reading into it wrong. I can claim myself the best underwater basket weaver in the world. It doesn't mean that I am just b/c I make that "statement". Eh, forget about it....y'all enjoy and good luck with all that is going on in Florida. I'm happy with more options out there.

My VIN:    6125

When I see "authorized" I just think "authorized to sell you NOS parts from the DMCH warehouse at the price listed on the website" and all of the related DMCH specific reproduction parts, 'Stage' kits, etc.

It seems like the independent vendors have their own sources for parts (NOS dealer stock they've purchased over the years?) or fabricate certain parts from scratch. I think some also buy parts from DMCH at retail price if they can't find it anywhere else. Unless DMCH is blocking sales of parts to independent vendors... but I don't know if that's the case.

I would also imagine that the owner of a DeLorean looking to have work done could buy parts from DMCH online and still have an independent shop do the install work for them.

The speculation on this thread about me, my ownership of companies, or lack there of, are rumors and half truths.

I continue to have a good relationship with my ex business partner and wish nothing but the best for GCMW, after all I was the co owner/founder.

I have never left the DeLorean business, I have been working with DMC since I stepped away from Gulf Coast for personal reasons.

I have been in the DeLorean Community for about 27 years now and the only part I wish different was the infighting.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me if I can assist you.

Thank you,

Tony Ierardi

DMC Florida

407-203-2300

[email protected]

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Kind, factual talk? Really?

This isn't out of control yet Michael. Just kind factual talk between people.
    The unfortunate posts in this thread are another reason why I'm not a fan of Josh Bengston and Delorean Performance Industries / DPI. It has nothing to do with the products offered. It has everything to do with this vendor's crass and arrogance. To me, these posts from Josh are mean spirited and they smack of sour grapes.

Meanwhile DMC personel and Mike from GCMW have responded professionally, as usual. You see, Josh, they are professionals. As an owner, I only see childish, bullying behavior from you here. Josh, no vendor picked apart or injected rumors on your announcement on 12/31.

Instead of trying to sabotage an otherwise great news story, you would be better served by spending that time and energy working harder at communicating and following up with your customers. (Which is another reason that I steer clear). Perhaps with a different attitude/approach, you can reduce the desperate posts in customer service graveyard threads like these...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...es-No-response

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...r-fascia/page3

You see a pattern here? These are messes that have been blown wide open for all to see. Just look at the number of views on these threads. This is your target market.

Josh, please grow up. More vendor choice is a good thing and I wish you the best, but you aren't doing yourself any favors.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast