FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Fastest Delorean In The World

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I think you do, wanna show us what 500whp beasts you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Do I qualify to compete in this with one of our updated chassis? IE It fits a stock car and power train. Factory engine and transmission stuffed in there.

My VIN:    2894

Do I qualify to compete in this with one of our updated chassis? IE It fits a stock car and power train. Factory engine and transmission stuffed in there.
    Would love to see what you have! Our only guidelines with the chassis is that it retains the original X-frame, etc. I mean you could put an engine in the front AND the back of the car (it's been done) but would require extreme chassis modification and we felt that was a bit unfair. So I guess it depends on what you mean by "updated". Reinforced? OF COURSE that's fine. Cut up to cram more in? That's where it feels unfair. again - would love to add you to the mix!!! Please contact me!
    CEO at RentTheDelorean.com
    Dreamer at FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com
    First & Longest Running Video Blogger at TheOfficialJourney.com ( 1999-2022 )

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Its a stainless version of the factory chassis. We are using a stock transmission case and PRV engine. Looks factory and no space constraint gains are present. Bunch of pictures on our facebook pages.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Its a stainless version of the factory chassis. We are using a stock transmission case and PRV engine. Looks factory and no space constraint gains are present. Bunch of pictures on our facebook pages.
    Oh... very cool! But how are you making 500 hp with that? Or was vwdmc16 joking?

My VIN:    6585

If you're trying to reduce the quarter mile time as much as possible, why on earth would you have all those time machine props on/in the car? That's extra weight and aerodynamic drag on the car that's hurting you.

Also, that swap isn't legal in California. Only drivetrain swaps allowed are within original CARB-approved engines among the platform for the car during that specific year it was made. Meaning, only the PRV is allowed for legal road registration.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    If you're trying to reduce the quarter mile time as much as possible, why on earth would you have all those time machine props on/in the car? That's extra weight and aerodynamic drag on the car that's hurting you.
    I was told that with the present weight I would have no issue getting into the 11s. Unfortunately having an ECU that thinks the car is a 4.3L V6 (it's a 6.2L V8 ) is causing quite a bit of havoc. But yes, the 150 pounds on the back will be removed at the next race if I can't get the ECU issue fixed. I also just like the way it looks on the drag race. And remember, we've only attempted this on two separate days. It's a VERY new development that the issues with the car are deeper than a couple hundred pounds (100lbs= roughly 1/10th of a second). You're all just watching this in real-time, once the documentary comes out, the story will be a very quick moving piece that makes a bit more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Also, that swap isn't legal in California. Only drivetrain swaps allowed are within original CARB-approved engines among the platform for the car during that specific year it was made. Meaning, only the PRV is allowed for legal road registration.
    I've spoken with people here in California that disagree. Guess we'll find out during my next smog check in May of 2018! May need to register it in a different state for 2 years to get it to 2020 (when the 39 year antique rule comes into play). But thanks for your concern.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Why does the ECU think it is a V6???
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    6585

I'm not just talking about the weight in the back. I mean the props inside, as well as the flux coils and everything else on the outside causing drag. No doubt you've got problems with your ECU that needs to be resolved. Perhaps something here might be able to help you out with that problem going forward to simplify the process for you.

Good luck with getting the vehicle registered in California. The rules of the state are very clear about engine swaps, emissions controls, and accessories. Even if a complete engine swap results in lower emissions, they don't care. The engine must be of the same spec the vehicle came with, and the exhaust manifolds & catalytic convertors MUST be CARB approved for the application, along with the original emissions equipment (in this case LAMBDA) must remain in place and be functional for said qualifying engine. This may change with DMCH's new drivetrains coming out with retrofit proposals for existing vehicles, but for now, this is the reality. I don't know whom it is that you've spoken with, but we already have members on here who have stated that even with factory drivetrains, they're failing emissions testing on the dual exhaust systems because they're not CARB approved, and can't get cars registered. If someone is promising you the vehicle can be registered, it won't be the legal way.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKontras View Post
    Oh... very cool! But how are you making 500 hp with that? Or was vwdmc16 joking?

Ive heard Josh has made some significantly overpowered cars, not confirmed personally, but with his top notch Twin Press engine set up at high boost I dont see why he wouldn't build such a beast.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Ive heard Josh has made some significantly overpowered cars, not confirmed personally, but with his top notch Twin Press engine set up at high boost I dont see why he wouldn't build such a beast.
    Have performance figures actually been put out for these (dyno results, testing videos, 1/4 mile videos)? I believe that per Adam's website, there needs to be public documentation of the results (preferably video that includes the results). I've been curious how far these have been pushed. It would be awesome to see a PRV push that kind of power!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast