FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Fastest Delorean In The World

My VIN:    2894

There will be a couple videos up this week explaining the state of things. I've been trying desperately to hide the particulars because of just, how, bad it makes my brother look. As you can imagine after the fake video and compulsive lying, we are not speaking... but I felt if we could just get the record, I would never have to make anything public while fixing stuff up. The story goes on (although some of you so desperately wanted me to fail -LOL- sorry about that) and it'll probably just take more $.
    CEO at RentTheDelorean.com
    Dreamer at FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com
    First & Longest Running Video Blogger at TheOfficialJourney.com ( 1999-2022 )

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Perhaps for the "drama." Gotta keep people watching past the commercial break. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamKontras View Post
    The story goes on (although some of you so desperately wanted me to fail -LOL- sorry about that) and it'll probably just take more $.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Glad to hear its still going. Was an interesting thing to see..after all since mine is still immobile I must live vicariously through others...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

http://fastestdeloreanintheworld.com/doc.html

Finally got Episode 34 up that explains what lead to me attempting the race even with all the issues. Race episode will be up Friday.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Every project definitely has it's challenges (though admittedly, some of the challenges you ran into are pretty unusual). When I did my swap 5 years ago, my postings were always positive. I usually made a habit of not posting about a problem unless I already had a solution in place. Even still, my blog and forum posts never captured some of the really tough moments where I didn't know if the project would be successful (and believe me there were many of those times). I chose not to make those times public.

You've been extremely open during this project about both the ups and the downs. I think its pretty unusual for a project like this to be so realistically chronicled showing both the excitement of successes and also the pain of the challenges. For that openness especially, I applaud you. Unfortunately, when some people see the painful moments when the project is down, their choice is to kick the project rather than help it up. You could have just posted videos every time things went right, and everyone's impression of the project would be totally different. If you do decide to compile your videos into one single documentary, I think it will be a great story to tell.

The idea that this project is a failure/cursed/doomed or whatever certainly seems ridiculous to me. The car may have some issues but the fact remains that you guys turned a DeLorean into a 12 second car over the course of a couple months; I'd love to see others try to do better. (seriously, I would love to see others here take projects like this on!! )

Fingers crossed man! Here's hoping you can drop that .3 seconds!!
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 06-29-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Cool. Cant wait to see the next one, hopefully you can hit the magic number, just make sure you give the hamsters lotsa mountain dew and red bull before the race..

I agree that you've done a good job of presenting and documenting the project..though lil longer vids would be nice...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Here is his latest video

He gave it another try and allowing time for the clutch to cool off before the race.

Didn't meet his record, but the car is still fast as hell!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8-Wy1kgJ0

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Every project definitely has it's challenges (though admittedly, some of the challenges you ran into are pretty unusual). When I did my swap 5 years ago, my postings were always positive. I usually made a habit of not posting about a problem unless I already had a solution in place. Even still, my blog and forum posts never captured some of the really tough moments where I didn't know if the project would be successful (and believe me there were many of those times). I chose not to make those times public.

You've been extremely open during this project about both the ups and the downs. I think its pretty unusual for a project like this to be so realistically chronicled showing both the excitement of successes and also the pain of the challenges. For that openness especially, I applaud you. Unfortunately, when some people see the painful moments when the project is down, their choice is to kick the project rather than help it up. You could have just posted videos every time things went right, and everyone's impression of the project would be totally different. If you do decide to compile your videos into one single documentary, I think it will be a great story to tell.

The idea that this project is a failure/cursed/doomed or whatever certainly seems ridiculous to me. The car may have some issues but the fact remains that you guys turned a DeLorean into a 12 second car over the course of a couple months; I'd love to see others try to do better. (seriously, I would love to see others here take projects like this on!! )

Fingers crossed man! Here's hoping you can drop that .3 seconds!!
    It's funny - you probably just explained all of the problems I've had on this board with this community. People assume I'm only showing the best stuff or if it's negative I do it for drama. Didn't occur to me until now because it's something I've done since the late 90s with the The Journey: I always show it all. People assumed during the Videobob issues of 2014 that I was somehow doing something for drama or attention, when in fact that was year 15 of me documenting my life for therapeutic reasons (long story). You show what really happened, not what you want people to think happened. Why? Because when real life kicks your ass, if you were honest throughout? You have a support system. If you hid everything? You're completely alone. I don't show bad shit because it's "drama" or to make a cliffhanger... I'm getting no money from this what would be the motivation? There's inherent drama to trying to beat a record! I don't have to supply my own, and am a little bummed there's been so much stupid drama that was unnecessary. But here we are.

And clearly Mr. R and I do actually know each other and he's always been supportive and I absolutely appreciate that.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Do I qualify to compete in this with one of our updated chassis? IE It fits a stock car and power train. Factory engine and transmission stuffed in there.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    He gave it another try and allowing time for the clutch to cool off before the race.

Didn't meet his record, but the car is still fast as hell!!
    Pretty cool..even if you didnt hit the record....you can always try again

And, hey on that last run it looked like you smoked that Challenger, so thats something
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast