FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fastest Delorean In The World

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Your auto trans problem likely came down to roughly a $300 fix. It is well known the original auto trans computer governor fails. If one replaces the governor, all is well. Driving one that is failing is a death sentence to the trans. Too late now of course.

My VIN:    2894

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Your auto trans problem likely came down to roughly a $300 fix. It is well known the original auto trans computer governor fails. If one replaces the governor, all is well. Driving one that is failing is a death sentence to the trans. Too late now of course.
    Yeah, had I replaced the governor immediately it would've been $400. I know that now. Run it for a full 18 months? Bye-bye transmission. ;-)

But I had a pretty good 2015/2016. And now this is super-exciting... so YAY.
    CEO at RentTheDelorean.com
    Dreamer at FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com
    First & Longest Running Video Blogger at TheOfficialJourney.com ( 1999-2022 )

i have no delorean, so the rotary one is absolutely not mine.

just thought i'd draw your attention to an engine swap you may not have known about.

Alright! Lots of updates:

Spoke with Tamir and he thinks he can get Robert on-board as he's the most legitimate heir to the "Fastest Delorean in the World" throne currently held by Nicholas Roedl. Need some more info and hopefully he's had a dyno read. That lotus engine is extremely powerful and expensive even for 2005.

As well, we now have 4 videos up in the Documentary section of our site (Documentary) that should set the scene for how nerve-wracking this entire thing is. Episode 5 will be spotlighting another owner while we gut the Delorean. We're looking to have this complete by the end of February.

And as always - please reply with any info you may have on other engine swaps. Presently trying to find the name of DMCTALK user: wafflemaster as he owns the infamous "World's Fastest Delorean" Buick Grand National that broke down on "Tuned" a few years back. It's being restored and should absolutely be a contender although the quoted 575 HP was shown to be untrue.

Thanks! Hope you guys enjoy the episodes!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

What's your definition of "fastest" going to be? Top speed? 0-60? Quarter mile? Track lap?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    What's your definition of "fastest" going to be? Top speed? 0-60? Quarter mile? Track lap?
    All of that's covered in the "Contenders" and "Guidelines" section of the site.

At the moment, since there's only one car that's ever even attempted a 1/4 mile time, it's pretty hard to make that the determiner. Dyno reads + 1/4 mile times are obviously the best determiner but that's asking a LOT of expense on the owner's part and that's why I'm starting this site: to give some incentive for everyone to beef up their cars and get some video of these bad boys! If this gets big enough I'm hoping we can get shops to offer free dynos for exposure as well as track time. This is the verrrrrrrrrrrry start of what I hope will be a lot more interest in determining this.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKontras View Post
    All of that's covered in the "Contenders" and "Guidelines" section of the site.
    so, somewhat speculatory then?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    so, somewhat speculatory then?
    As of the first week of this site? Unfortunately, yes. But if this gets attention and we can get shops to give free dynos for the exposure and even track time, we can make more definites. We have 4 owners who have taken the time and expense of videotaping their dynos, so it's a great start.

I will be personally going to the expense of providing videos of the dynos and 1/4 mile track times to hopefully set the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have. I like the flames! Still trying to figure out how to spotlight creative mods like this if they don't get over 300hp. Maybe a section just for modifications to the PRV motor. I know several people have interest in sub-categories beyond "Fastest Delorean".
    Quote Originally Posted by cravings View Post

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast