FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Beautiful condition grey binnacle

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Beautiful condition grey binnacle

I’m selling a beautiful condition grey binnacle (taken from my car, previously owned by Soundkillr). Thanks to Ben for the historical info.

This binnacle started life as a black NOS part when they were still available. Sadly, grey binnacles have been unavailable for a long time so it was professionally dyed grey in 1997/1998. It looks great, but it’s worth noting that the grey recoloring isn’t an absolute perfect match for the grey interior. See attached photos - but it’s very close. The good news is that physically, it’s near-perfect. No scratches or cracks at all. It has been meticulously cared-for and hasn’t been excessively exposed to the sun or UV rays.

It will probably satisfy most DeLorean owners looking for a fantastic condition binnacle. It might not completely satisfy obsessive perfectionists so keep this in mind. It’s possible to recolor it again using todays paint matching technologies to be a perfect match for your interior.

I’ll post some high resolution photos of the binnacle tomorrow (now that it has been removed from my DeLorean). The attached photos let you see how the color compares to the interior. I’m going to pop it on eBay this weekend but I wanted to give you the chance to pick it up on the forum before I do.

Looking for around $500 but I'm aware I might need to hit eBay to get this.

Thanks!

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg
    Last edited by Col Bennett; 01-13-2017 at 02:24 PM.

My VIN:    10309

Rare to even see one in this condition.

My VIN:    # 00712 (ex-Howard Hughes) # 03692 # 03980 # 05414 # 06759 # 06833 # 06975

Club(s):  

PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnorway View Post
    PM sent!
    Thanks. Still awaiting your reply.

If I don't get a reply by the weekend, I'm probably going to list it on eBay.

Here's some additional photos.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg

A quick update. After some crazy shipping quotes to Europe etc. I've decided to set it aside for a special DeLorean community member that I'll see this spring. Thanks for the interest everyone and all the best.
    Last edited by Col Bennett; 01-24-2017 at 07:37 PM.