FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another happy Delorean customer

My VIN:    Proto 1 and many other amazing Deloreans

Club(s):   (DCF)

Another happy Delorean customer

Sold another Delorean to a brand new Delorean customer. My focus for selling is to bring in new clients that have a love for the car but never owned one and continue the legacy of this iconic classic. So far, 2017 has brought three new customers my way and they leave with the car they always wanted.

A question I get quite often, "which Delorean is yours?". I dont personally own one, I have the dream scenario, I select the car I want to drive, have it restored to a comfortable level and I "claim" it as my own. This is the Delorean that I will drive until it sells. The interesting reality is, when I find one I really like, drive it around town and show it off, it will never fail that this is the car that will be the one that sells the quickest. People will ask which Delorean out of my vast stock, would be the one i choose and I tell them the car I am driving. Sure enough, thats the one they end up choosing. This happened with #4082 and now, #10170 is finding a new home.

Im prepping my next Delorean, looks like #1738 will be my baby for as long as it stays here. I love the customers that I have met over the years, I stay in touch with all the customers I sold cars too as well as customers that still come in for service. I enjoy what I do and take it very serious. Since my arrival at Gulfcoast Motorworks I have managed to turn the entire service department into a money maker. Previous to my arrival, it consistently lost money and almost closed its doors. New staff came in and to date, Gulfcoast Motorworks has become the go to dealership for your dream cars.

Feel free to contact me anytime to schedule work on your Delorean or if you have interest in purchasing a Delorean.

thank you,

Mike Fiore
    Mike Fiore
    Gulfcoast Motorworks, Delorean Division
    www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com
    28701 Trails Edge Blvd
    Bonita Springs, FL. 34134
    239-495-8550
    239-405-7253

My VIN:    <2000

Hi Mike,

Congrats on your exuberance for DeLoreans. Although, I have to say that it would add to your credibility as an enthusiast if you actually owned one. May I ask, how come you don't?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Proto 1 and many other amazing Deloreans

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Mike,

Congrats on your exuberance for DeLoreans. Although, I have to say that it would add to your credibility as an enthusiast if you actually owned one. May I ask, how come you don't?
    Of course you may ask. Two reasons actually. 1. I have two young children and the lack of a back seat prevents me from owning one as a daily driver. My kids come first. 2. I can't afford to have two cars, I am a single dad so the funds for a "fun" car do not exist at this time.

Going to the Delorean convention in Springfield this past year was just the experience I needed to truly understand the community that drives this car to legendary status. I was literally blown away by the pure love for the car, its like nothing I have ever experienced in my 30+ years in the automotive industry. I came back with an entirely different mindset and my focus has been unaltered in making everyones Delorean dream come true. Once you are hooked by the Delorean life, its hard not to appreciate them in their entirety.

thanks for the comment,

Mike
    Mike Fiore
    Gulfcoast Motorworks, Delorean Division
    www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com
    28701 Trails Edge Blvd
    Bonita Springs, FL. 34134
    239-495-8550
    239-405-7253

My VIN:    1597

When I was 18 my father bought a Delorean fresh off the boat in 81 and arrived home on the back of a rollback. I inherited it within 3 months and worked a full time job to keep it running. When I went to college I sold it for 1/2 price. IIRC the D new was around $60000 adjusted in today's value, 26 grand on the 81 sticker. In 2007, I must have hit my head because I bought another almost identical. Early vin,manual. Replaced everything that gas or electricity touched all the while juggling a 1972 Pantera which was a engineering marvel in comparison. I have been tweaking and tinkering on the D for 10 yrs now. Yesterday leaving the Dr's office, I pull on the door handle and it broke off. Well it has been 3 months since something happened so I was not even phased.

"it would add to your credibility as an enthusiast if you actually owned one."
    My motto is owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked.
    But as with any oddball, vintage car, its like the very best swimming pool is your friends. Let him buy it and you come by and visit once in a while. No sir, you sound like you are well grounded and I would maintain your present course. *Sell the dream*.
    Last edited by JIMJAM; 03-08-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    "it would add to your credibility as an enthusiast if you actually owned one."
    My motto is owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked.
    But as with any oddball, vintage car, its like the very best swimming pool is your friends. Let him buy it and you come by and visit once in a while. No sir, you sound like you are well grounded and I would maintain your present course. *Sell the dream*.
    I remember James Espey talking about selling his DeLorean after he'd been working at DMC-Texas for a while. He said peddling all things DeLorean professionally took the novelty out of owning a DeLorean personally. I totally get that. These little cars require enough time commitment as a hobby... I imagine if my job was DeLoreans 40+ hours a week, I wouldn't be too interested in fiddling with one at home, either.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    1597

Talking

The sarcasm is DEEP but I have been labelled a hater but I am a realist.
    A 1981 fully loaded Corvette was $17500 but I convinced dear old dad who hates hard tops to buy the Delorean. The old timers will understand me. I have stainless steel in my blood and my blood in those doors. I am IN until I cannot get out of the dam thing which is rapidly approaching.

I went through the selection process that was just short of Astronaut selection in order to buy parts from Delorean One in CA. I have spent days on the phone with John. I have been locked in my car. I have had the air go out on a 101 degree day.Sat under a overpass for 3 hrs waiting for the engine to cool down to start. I have had the hood cable snap. I also have no real clue how many miles is on the car seeing that every speedo broke on these cars so many times most just left them unhooked. If someone says otherwise, I have some bridges to sell you. I have heard "wheres the flux capacitor 14321 times. I went through the hell of the fuel dist eating o rings. A 25 cent rubber o ring can cripple the entire car. Thanks Dave for finding the Viton o rings that don't swell. I have been into the valley of death and retrieved enough golf tees to supply the PGA. Spent $75 next day air for $15 in parts. Um, a few times... I rode with a certain character who carried enough parts in his trunk to rebuild another car who preached the virtues of Carbs to Atlanta into a tornado.

I will stop there for fear of terrifying the civilians who have yet earned their stainless steel wings and almost knocked themselves out hitting the door with their head. I am at about 15 and apon 20 get my gold stainless steel wings.
    Last edited by JIMJAM; 03-08-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Sell the drugs, don't do the drugs.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    1710

Oh I totally agree that loving these cars is a mental illness haha. They just fight you so hard. Yet owners still tattoo their VINs on various parts of their bodies. The same day I replaced the water pump and rear fascia on my first DeLorean I was hit by a drunk driver. Scared the ever living hell out of me. I was in the ER for 2 hours having glass pulled out of my face and neck. I still have a big scar on my neck from that 14 years later. So what was I doing the very next day? Hunting down a replacement DeLorean. The only DCS I ever attended my A/C went out, as did my RPM relay, my battery, and ruptured my radiator on the way home. While recovering Bill Robertson's seats a hog ring nipped my finger... I didn't think I'd ever stop gushing blood. To this day, the foam inside of Bill's passenger seat looks like someone was knifed in it haha. Getting the A/C to work on either of my DeLoreans as well as getting either one to idle properly was a never ending, demoralizing battle. I sold the second DeLorean 12 years ago in a panic of sheer frustration. Yet here I am... older and apparently none the wiser because I'll be buying my third DeLorean at some point this year. Albeit not from GCMW- I'm not in the right tax bracket for that .
    Louie Golden

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Don't *Most* vendors own at least one DeLorean themselves anyway? Should be easier to name the ones that don't own at
    least one versus those that do? Biggest reason not to own one (as a vendor) is that you've depleted the ability to sell ones that you own personally. I think owning DeLoreans is kinda like owning a boat. Great when you first purchase it....but it doesn't take long to figure out whom is just a "flash in the pan" versus those that are in it for the long haul. I'll be more impressed if these new customers keep it for longer than a couple of years and actually try and use them. Seen way more people become owners and vanish versus the ones that stick around and actually improve the quality of the car.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by GCMW Deloreans View Post
    I select the car I want to drive, have it restored to a comfortable level and I "claim" it as my own. This is the Delorean that I will drive until it sells.
    I have a problem with this. I don't know why I have a problem with this, but it rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
    - Chris

what

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast