FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting another DeLorean, so I need a little help, please!

My VIN:    3937

Agreed on being cautious of something fishy. Not saying this isn't just one man's poor timing benefiting another's, but there could be more to it than that. Double check the title and legality of the sale, like maybe the seller is selling it out from under a family member or friend and he doesn't have the authority to do so. I don't know how to look into all that official registration stuff and cross reference who the guy is relative to who is listed on the paperwork, but yea, $10k is a pretty good deal for a car in this condition, even if it isn't running.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4519

I haven't seen an intact $9500 DeLorean in a long time....

Oh yeah it's been a while since I've seen a cheaper DeLorean like this. I'm surprised he even went that low because today he had dropped the price to $12,500. So I sweet talked him a little and he dropped it to $9,500.

I'm going to head down and pick it up either Friday or Saturday. I'll post some pictures when I get it.

The nice thing is that it's a California car, so the frame is in really nice shape. The dash is cracked all to heck, but the frame is nice. :-D

I just want to thank you all for your comments, I really do appreciate it. They are what helped me decide to even get the thing. I seriously was going to forget the whole thing and move on with life. Now when I get the car I'll probably be wishing I had gone that route. hahaha

James
    6408 & soon to be: 2168

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Hey now, don't blame us
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10907

You're in SLC? Me too! Are you in our 6-person DeLorean club? Our pres has talked about wanting to do more tech events and it sounds like this car might be a good fixer-upper

My VIN:    04610

Could it be that VIN#02168 has been for sale since 2012? I recognised the registrationplate ...

My VIN:    10644

Gas flap and two tone interior? That doesn't seem right. Check the front fiberglass for an indication of an accident and the interior wiring for signs of flooding.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Gas flap and two tone interior? That doesn't seem right.
    When a sub 10k complete DeLorean comes up for sale, a incorrect hood or interior color is not a deal breaker.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    When a sub 10k complete DeLorean comes up for sale, a incorrect hood or interior color is not a deal breaker.
    He might have just meant that seeing those things could be telling you the car was wrecked or water damaged at some point and the buyer should look into it... as opposed to a potential buyer being picky that the car doesn't have the correct style of hood for the VIN.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

The interior is black. The carpet is the charcoal color and not like the grey in the grey interior cars. (I have a grey interiored car)

I went on dmcnews.com, to the Owners Directory and it says the hood is grooved with the gas flap.

Here is the info:

REGISTRY INFORMATION:
    Model Year: 81
    Mfg Year: 81
    Mfg Month: July
    Transmission: 5-Speed
    Interior: Black
    Hood: Grooved,Flap
    Eng Nbr: 1203
    Frame Nbr:
    Dealer Nbr: 11101

State: CA