FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting another DeLorean, so I need a little help, please!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

You say you're not defending him, and then you go into full-on defense mode. Sorry, but that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    we are only hearing your side of the story.
    You keep saying this to people. At some point the shitty "one-side of the story" stories that come out about Hervey really should start adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Instead of bashing him here maybe you should try to settle it between you and him.
    I think you missed the part (twice) where I said I tried that already. It doesn't work with him.

Anyway, I don't really have an interest in turning this thread into justification as to why Hervey is terrible to do business with. I put my warning out there and others have had similarly nasty experiences with him. If you want to roll the dice with him that's your business. I wouldn't recommend it. *shrug*
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    4519

If you guys wanna derail threads, you should take it over to the thug forum yo! (lol)

(BTW, I read where Hervey was bashing engineers. A DeLorean vendor....bashing engineers.....very odd.)
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 03-28-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Ha, and all I wanted to know is where is the better place to get some fuel lines?

All I can say is that it's not cool to pay for something, then get something completely different. I wouldn't be happy. I've talked with John several times and he's always been pleasant with me. That's just talking though, I haven't tried to get an order straightened out.

Maybe I can pull this thread back in a little bit.

Another question I have is where the heck does the wire for the otterstat go??? I've tried looking everywhere for my answer but have come up empty. My otterstat is not plugged in to anything, and I can't find the wire hanging anywhere.

Thanks

James
    6408 & 2168

Hey gang! So it's been a while since I've posted in here.

The fantastic news is that the car is finally running! Got new fuel lines from Martin, over in the UK, and they work great.

There was so much garbage in the coolant lines so I took those off, cleaned them out and am ready to re-install them. Then I'm going to get a coolant flush.

My biggest question is where the heck do the wires to the otterstat go???

My otterstat hasn't been plugged in since I bought the car several months ago, and I can't find any loose wires hanging down anywhere. And if they got torn off where would I look for them? Do they come up through one of the holes in the frame, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

James
    6408 & 2168

My VIN:    10907

Here's mine with the wires intact.
    DSC07166.jpg

They go into a small bundle of wires that runs along the coolant pipe up to the bulkhead, where it joins the large bundle of wires there.

DSC07170-2.jpg

According to the schematic, the green wire goes to the #5 fuse and the black/orange one goes to the fan relay.

(If you didn't know, here's a helpful collection of wiring diagrams: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...ing-Schematics )

Hopefully your PO didn't yank the plugs off and you can find the wires with a minimum of aggravation...

P. S. since you mentioned there being a bunch of crud in the coolant lines, keep a real close eye on your temp gauge. I had a similar issue in my car (PO had done a crap job storing it since 1993 or so) and a bunch of rust and sediment was congealing around the cylinders, gumming up the thermostat and making it randomly overheat.
    Last edited by DaraSue; 06-20-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Thank you so much for that info, that helps out a ton. That's more info than I've gotten from anyone, about those wires, in 3 months. lol

Following your pictures I think I found those otterstat wires I've been looking for.

Tell me, does this look right to you?

James
    6408 & 2168
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DeLoreanDMC81; 06-20-2017 at 09:04 PM.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Why have you connected the otterstat wires to the ignition ballast resistor?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Looking at getting another DeLorean, so I need a little help, please!

Wow, what job. They absolutely don't belong there. Loose the 2 in 1 adapter too. I assume your fans ran all the time with the key ON?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Hey, don't look at me, I didn't connect those to the ignition ballast. That's why I took a picture of it so you all could see how stupid the previous owner was.

I also feel a little dumb not catching it sooner. I would always look at it and think, that doesn't look right.

You are correct, the fans would run all the time when I had the key on. Consider the 2 in 1 connector history. I don't want it on there.

Just glad I'm able to finally plug the otterstat back in correctly. Yay!

James
    6408 & 2168

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Once you find stuff like that you have to keep your eye out for other, wacky things. No telling what you can find.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast