Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Looking at getting another DeLorean, so I need a little help, please!

  1. #41
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    5,931

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    This. I cannot recommend against doing business with Hervey strong enough. Stay far away.
    While it is true not every customer of Special T is satisfied with the service, many are. I guess it depends on how much customer service and "Hand Holding" you expect from a vendor. He is an alternate source and his prices are fair. His service leaves something to be desired.
    David Teitelbaum

  2. #42
    Member DeLoreanDMC81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2011

    Posts:    40

    Hey gang! So I was able to find a good replacement for the fuel pump, thanks to Chris 16409.

    I got the accumulator out finally. I wish I would have known sooner about the access hole below the console. I know it's there now! lol

    Then I had to go ahead and buy one of Dave M.'s Solid State Relay, which are amazing. I bought one from him last year.

    Anywho, I hooked the new pump up, to see if it would work, but nothing happened. Then I took the pump relay out and jumped it with a paper clip. That brought it to life. So I knew the relay was bad.

    Since I need to replace all my rubber fuel lines, does anyone have a preference on where to get new ones? I know just about everyone sells them, but is one vender better with their product, and still reasonably priced?

    James
    6408 & 2168

  3. #43
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,859

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    While it is true not every customer of Special T is satisfied with the service, many are. I guess it depends on how much customer service and "Hand Holding" you expect from a vendor.
    Hand holding?? Listen I don't need my hand held buddy. What I want from the guy that I am spending hard earned money with is an ounce of gratitude and not be scolded be some jackass over the phone because he made a mistake.

  4. #44
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    5,931

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hand holding?? Listen I don't need my hand held buddy. What I want from the guy that I am spending hard earned money with is an ounce of gratitude and not be scolded be some jackass over the phone because he made a mistake.
    That sounds terrible! No wonder you are not happy with his service. Of course this is only your side of things so we have no idea what actually transpired. We can assume though that you were not completely satisfied with the customer service.
    David Teitelbaum

  5. #45
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,859

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    That sounds terrible! No wonder you are not happy with his service. Of course this is only your side of things so we have no idea what actually transpired. We can assume though that you were not completely satisfied with the customer service.
    I so wish I had recorded that call. It never occurred to me that I would have to.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2013

    Location:  San Antonio

    Posts:    266

    My VIN:    5628

    good experiences so far

    I have bought from almost every vendor... saving my Josh purchases for some major upgrades. I have had good experiences with "Special-T." My conversations are always short, frank and I get what I need. Sometimes he bills late. That's my only issue I ever had with him.

    My best experiences have been with DMC Midwest. I went with Special-T because I had existing equipment on my car.

    Josh has been really good to my fellow DMC owners in San Antonio and I LOVE what he's doing with his custom parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    While it is true not every customer of Special T is satisfied with the service, many are. I guess it depends on how much customer service and "Hand Holding" you expect from a vendor. He is an alternate source and his prices are fair. His service leaves something to be desired.

  7. #47
    Senior Member ccurzio's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2011

    Location:  Atlanta-ish

    Posts:    2,212

    My VIN:    5311

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    It's not a matter of IF you will be screwed by Hervey, it's a matter of WHEN. Dude straight-up STOLE from me on my very first order. "Hand-holding" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) doesn't even enter into it.

    I bought his tune-up kit which was advertised with Platinum +4 plugs. He sent me the kit with cheap Champion plugs, so I called to find out why he messed up. He gave me his standard "I'm only one person" lecture and said he was out of stock on the Bosch plugs, which (according to him) is why he sent the Champion plugs. I got annoyed, and said that you don't just send a cheaper substitute when money has been paid for something that's not in stock, you contact the buyer and see what needs to be worked out.

    He repeated his "only one man" spiel and said that the time demands for something like that were prohibitive, but swore he'd send me the right plugs when they came in. He never did, and after months of waiting he then insisted he didn't owe me anything.

    You don't have problems with him until you do. And when you do, he'll find every reason in the world to explain why it's not his fault. When that doesn't work, he'll fall back on to his tired old "I'm just one man" bullshit.

    Don't do business with him.
    - Chris


    what

  8. #48
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    5,931

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    It's not a matter of IF you will be screwed by Hervey, it's a matter of WHEN. Dude straight-up STOLE from me on my very first order. "Hand-holding" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) doesn't even enter into it.

    I bought his tune-up kit which was advertised with Platinum +4 plugs. He sent me the kit with cheap Champion plugs, so I called to find out why he messed up. He gave me his standard "I'm only one person" lecture and said he was out of stock on the Bosch plugs, which (according to him) is why he sent the Champion plugs. I got annoyed, and said that you don't just send a cheaper substitute when money has been paid for something that's not in stock, you contact the buyer and see what needs to be worked out.

    He repeated his "only one man" spiel and said that the time demands for something like that were prohibitive, but swore he'd send me the right plugs when they came in. He never did, and after months of waiting he then insisted he didn't owe me anything.

    You don't have problems with him until you do. And when you do, he'll find every reason in the world to explain why it's not his fault. When that doesn't work, he'll fall back on to his tired old "I'm just one man" bullshit.

    Don't do business with him.
    So you still have the Champion plugs and you expect the vendor to give you another set of plugs too. If you used a credit card them maybe you should call them up and say you are not happy and they will pull his payment till this can be straightened out.
    David Teitelbaum

  9. #49
    Senior Member ccurzio's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2011

    Location:  Atlanta-ish

    Posts:    2,212

    My VIN:    5311

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    So you still have the Champion plugs and you expect the vendor to give you another set of plugs too.
    I expect the vendor to do what they said they would do. What a novel idea!

    I told him I would absolutely send back the Champion plugs because I would never use them and it's not what I ordered. He said not to worry about it, just keep them and he'd still send the right ones when they came in. I still have those damn plugs in my garage somewhere, still in the original box.

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    If you used a credit card them maybe you should call them up and say you are not happy and they will pull his payment till this can be straightened out.
    This was like 6 years ago, and months after the fact he changed his story and said he didn't owe me anything.

    I don't know why you feel the need to defend the guy. He's screwed over plenty of people, many of them worse than me.
    - Chris


    what

  10. #50
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    5,931

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Every vendor has some customers that were not and never will be fully satisfied. I am not defending John but only point out we are only hearing your side of the story. If you were that dissatisfied with him you should have done as I suggested and called your credit card company. Generally speaking the companies, vendors, that serve us go above and beyond to try to satisfy their customers. It is a small community and word gets around. John has a reputation as not having the best customer service but even with that he often goes above and beyond to please his customers. Instead of bashing him here maybe you should try to settle it between you and him. When you deal with the public you can never please every customer, that's just the way it is. If his service was truly as bad as you say for a majority of his customers, at some point he would go out of business. BTW, he does not only serve the Delorean community, he supplies parts to many other make cars.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •