FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lower engine cover refinishing

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

An update:

I sanded everything down to the primer to the point where the primer was really thin but absolutely uniform in thickness, then degreased it (again) with acetone, then I recoated it with multiple, fairly thick layers of the SEM paint using l-o-n-g, continuous strokes from side to side. Here is the result:
    20170219_151850.jpg
    It's not 100% perfect but a ton better than yesterday and probably as good as it's gonna get, so I'm happy.
    Last edited by Henrik; 02-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

lower engine cover

Just buy a turbo sock. that will stop the heat from damaging the lower cover. you can also get the Turbo casing ceramic coated together with the exhaust. Both options will reduces the engine bay heat.

My VIN:    10270

For sure, I have the DEI Ultra 47 on my T3 and it makes a big difference. Holding up very nicely so far.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2