FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Hervey Strikes again

My VIN:    17009

Angry John Hervey Strikes again

So last year I thought I would go out on a limb and patronize John Hervey by getting my wheels refinished by him on my 83'. I send the wheels off in exchange for a refinished set and was initially pleased with my purchase. That was until I attended DCS 2016 and it was brought to my attention that I have MISMATCHED wheels on the front of the car. One is an early style while one is a later style. I didn't even know that there were two different kinds. For the last 6 MONTHS I have been in contact with John to get a new wheel and all he does is replies with "Jason, I'm in the middle of a move". THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and I have already reported it to the BBB.

I have known John a long time and have frankly done little business with him due to the fact that anything he's ever sent me has had to be returned because it sucked. I'm officially done with this guy. Nobody should treat a customer with that much disrespect in such a small community such as this. Who else has had problems with him and what did you do to remedy it other than filing a lawsuit (which I'm about to do).

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

There are plenty of threads here with dire warnings about him. It was you who chose not to heed them. Kind of like placing your hand on a hot stove after being repeatedly warned not to.

Well for one, i don't get on here and look up reviews on vendors so i was unaware of that. Secondly, now that I have looked on here it appears every vendor has had shit talked about them at some point. You're right, i should have known better but seriously dude who messes up wheels?!? He doesn't even do them himself he takes them to a machine shop for god's sake.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

The change in wheel style could very well have resulted in mismatched wheels being put on at the factory. As you stated, unless someone points it out, you'd never know. You'll also notice some cars have the DMC logo on some pieces of glass and not other pieces of glass. Again, there were running changes in parts production and the factory used whatever they had.

Are you 100% sure your wheels matched before sending them to Hervey?
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Not defending nor praising but I got 4 beautiful wheels refurbished and perfectly balanced from Hervey. I love them and am well pleased with the price.
    Again every vender has his or her problems.
    Steve

My VIN:    03254

I had my 8 wheels redone locally, and they came out great cheaper and quicker than any vendor!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Dan Haney
    Rocky Mountain Deloreans
    Vin #'s 3254 & 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    The change in wheel style could very well have resulted in mismatched wheels being put on at the factory. As you stated, unless someone points it out, you'd never know. You'll also notice some cars have the DMC logo on some pieces of glass and not other pieces of glass. Again, there were running changes in parts production and the factory used whatever they had.

Are you 100% sure your wheels matched before sending them to Hervey?

John assured me that the wheels coming back to me were not the wheels that were originally on my car.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by RiceJB21 View Post
    John assured me that the wheels coming back to me were not the wheels that were originally on my car.
    Ok. But are you sure your 4 wheels you mailed off to him were matched to begin with? The factory was slapping on whatever parts they had on hand.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Ok. But are you sure your 4 wheels you mailed off to him were matched to begin with? The factory was slapping on whatever parts they had on hand.
    YES, after looking at the detailed pics of the car when I first got it, with the original wheels, I know that my wheels were all matching before I sent them off. I have to say, his guy did a great job on the wheels in general, they look great. BUT, I've been after John for over 7 months to send me a new, correct, one. That is completely unacceptable for a business owner to treat a customer that way. That is what pisses me off.
    Last edited by RiceJB21; 01-30-2017 at 04:04 PM.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I agree he should have told you up front that he wasnt going to send back a matching set, especially late VIN rims which are nicer IMHO.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast