FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are the right "RedStuff" brake pads to get - link?

What are the right "RedStuff" brake pads to get - link?

Hi Guys,
    I keep hearing the "red stuff" pads help make braking a little bit better. Anyone know what model/product number to get on those or have a link? I would get them all the way around.

Anything special or extra that needs to be acquired to use them? I plan to also Delorean Europe's Brake Kit 2 installed with has spacers: http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/produ...ucts_id=168051

Thanks
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

My VIN:    10270

These Redstuff pads are on my car:

DP3291C
    DP3101C

I'm also running Ed's vented rotors w/ spacers. Motul DOT 5.1 fluid. Very happy with the overall combination!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Although I have not fitted them myself, Mike Ward suggested that yellow stuff ones were a better choice. Work better at the lower temperature I think. I have Green Stuff at the moment myself but will try the yellows soon.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    10270

http://ebcbrakes.com/brakes-selector-chart/

Reds will be better at street temps. I can confirm with the redstuff that effort is consistent between cold and hot, from ambient temps ranging 40F to 100F.

I've not tried the yellow, but I have friends that race and have back-to-back ran red & yellow and said that you need to heat things up before the yellowstuff will fully bite. Might not be where you want your pads to be after a drive on the highway. Yellowstuff will probably be dustier, noisier, and harder on rotors, the tradeoff being better braking at higher temperatures.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Not a self styled 'Guru'

To add some further info on the Yellow Stuff pads, they were recommended to me by another UK owner, James Strain (jwrayth), who spoke to EBC regarding the different pads available:
    My conversation with EBC was pretty much;

- Green Stuff is for fast driving/heavy braking, generates little dust. Not worth it on a DeLorean unless you are pushing a lot of power over stock.
    - Red Stuff is for high performance cars street cars and similarly DeLorean probably never pushes enough power to get maximum use.
    - Yellow Stuff is for street / occasional track use/spirited driving. Superior cold braking, and designed for cars in the power range of the DeLorean
    I can't speak to the performance of the green or red stuff pads, as I went straight from original pads to Yellow stuff pads.

I have been running the yellow stuff pads for almost a year now, and have been impressed with how they have performed.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    10625

Same here, I got the yellow stuff pads with EDs power brake kit, very nice upgrade, makes less noise I find when braking, and not anymore brake dust to mention. Thumbs up from me!
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

What is the part number and/or link for the yellow stuff brake pads? Best place to purchase?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    These Redstuff pads are on my car:

DP3291C
    DP3101C

I'm also running Ed's vented rotors w/ spacers. Motul DOT 5.1 fluid. Very happy with the overall combination!
    Anything you had to do to switch over to dot 5?
    I am flushing out my dot 3, deciding to do 4 or 5

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Go with 4. That's what the rubber in the system is compatible with.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Go with 4. That's what the rubber in the system is compatible with.
    Thats what I figured

But Luke is a crafty one...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast