FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Chrome wheels or info on getting them done in the states

Chrome wheels or info on getting them done in the states

I'm on the hunt for a set of chrome wheels. If you have an extra set or have but would prefer stock I would like to work something out.

If anyone knows where to get them(I'm not sure if DMC or Hervey do the chrome treatment), or if you have experience with a shop getting them chromed i would really appreciate any info. Do and don't of chrome wheels or engines components.

I'm in California and i can't find much nearby in the way of chrome shops. Shipping my cripple my budget but who knows.

Thanks!
    -Eric

My VIN:    10644

Check with DMC-CA. They probably don't do it onsite, but I know that they have experience with chromed, machined, and re-painted wheels. They also had all three styles on display at the old Garden Grove shop.

Chrome Wheels

You might try Wheel Concepts in Newbury Park, CA phone: 855-380-8757

Quote Originally Posted by clenet View Post
    You might try Wheel Concepts in Newbury Park, CA phone: 855-380-8757
    Thanks for the info. I alway feel like DMC CA is way expensive and try to avoid but i will ask them.

Clenet, do you have any experience with these guys? They do have a good yelp rating...

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Chroming is hella-expensive. Prepare yourself. No such thing as cheap chroming. A lot of places will insist on fixing curb rash or an overall reconditioning before chroming too.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by zimvsdib View Post
    Thanks for the info. I alway feel like DMC CA is way expensive and try to avoid but i will ask them.

Clenet, do you have any experience with these guys? They do have a good yelp rating...
    Please share your findings if you would.

Chrome Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by zimvsdib View Post

Yes, I bought some Mercedes and Rolls Royce wheels from them. They were very good. I even had my friend who lives in Newbury Park vist them before I bought from them. They gave him a tour. He was impressed.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I had mine chromed many years ago by PCA Metal Finishing in Fullerton CA (714-871-2490). I have no idea if they are still in business. They were very inexpensive and the wheels still look good after 22 years.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

Thanks you for all the info. I'll post the quotes i get so you all can see what it costs nowadays.