FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible WUR issues.

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

From my understanding. The dwell reading shouldn't change if the o2 is disconnected.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I agree, but what did you do to your mixture screw?

I adjusted it for the smoothest idle.

A noble cause, but what did you do to your mixture setting? It's a simple question and we just want to help.

What did I do to my mixture setting? Well i do notice that it runs better set richer, but it makes it idle hunt.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Based on what I'm hearing, it sounds lean. Does the fuel enrichment switch work?
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    3937

If you are trying to get the engine to run as it was designed to, doesn't it make sense to get the things you know are disconnected or not working resolved first, and THEN move onto other areas you suspect are a problem?

I personally think the engine design along with the fuel system was fine for what it is and that it'll run fine too if it is all in order. If a piece or two is out of order on the other hand, then trying to get it to run smooth, or nice, or whatever in spite of that is only going to have you (and us) chasing your tail.

Not saying this is a waste of people's time trying to help, but if you know a portion of the engine is disconnected or not functioning, then fix that first. Si?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Yes' the fuel enrichment switch works, however it is only pressed under full throttle.
    Most of the car's hesitation issues are at 1000 to 2000 rpm.

The fact of the matter is, the engine is starving for fuel under moderate to heavy acceleration. Even after everything else in the fuel system had been replaced and is in working order as far as I know.

I have modified the vacuum hose routing to allow for CPR fuel enrichment even after the engine has warmed up. I've used a needle valve inline with the vacuum hose to keep the fuel from becoming too rich.

Now the car runs and drives better than it ever has.

My VIN:    No. 4068

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    I have adjusted my mixture, however my the reading on the dwell meter doesn't change when I turn the adjustment screw.
    I am also running open loop.

What was the dwell reading? What was the setting on the meter?

If you had the meter set to "4 cylinder dwell" and you read approx '45' on the meter, then it's likely your oxygen sensor is disconnected and you are running open loop, and connecting the vacuum line to the cpr may reduce the control pressure to riven the mixture to compensate for your lean mixture adjustment.

If you had the meter set to "4 cylinder dwell" and you read approx '52' on the meter, then it's likely you have a stuck/ short full load throttle switch/ lambda switch or a short to earth on the wiring. This would fix the dwell setting and the oxygen sensor feedback will not be used by the fuel computer.

State if you have a catalytic converter in the exhaust and if you've checked for correct operation of the thermo-vac switch.

Good luck

Nick

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    Yes' the fuel enrichment switch works, however it is only pressed under full throttle.
    Most of the car's hesitation issues are at 1000 to 2000 rpm.

The fact of the matter is, the engine is starving for fuel under moderate to heavy acceleration. Even after everything else in the fuel system had been replaced and is in working order as far as I know.

I have modified the vacuum hose routing to allow for CPR fuel enrichment even after the engine has warmed up. I've used a needle valve inline with the vacuum hose to keep the fuel from becoming too rich.

Now the car runs and drives better than it ever has.

Is the car boosted? My understanding of this technique is, it won't work unless there is boost pressure, or pressure pushing down on the diaphragm to mechanically trick the car to running richer....
    not trying to derail your thread, just want to make sure it is working for you, without giving a spike, then leaning back out.
    without pressure the car will richer for a bit, but then leans back out...
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast