FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LCA's worth saving??

My VIN:    5625

Alright guys -

Word on the street is that my lca's are a bit rough but are rebuildable. Unfortunatley unless I want to go through Hervey it just wouldn't be cost effective to do so. So... I think I will be going new. I have narrowed my choices to the black Aluminum ones from deloreanclub.uk or the SS ones from DPI. What is everyone's opinions on those choices? They are both gorgeous. They both are engineered more stout than stock. what about warranty? black aluminum ones have a 12 month, where the SS one's have no warranty. hmmmm.....

delorean-aluminium-lower-arms.jpgdelorean-lower-link.jpglower_control_arms_stainless_complete__82989_1467317054_800_600.jpg
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Life time on ours for welds etc. this doesn't cover physical damage. I.e. Towing improperly or hitting something.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I purchased DPI stainless LCAs through Rob Grady a few years ago now. My original arms are the LCAs on the right and middle. Having had a ball joint fail on me and knowing how flimsy the originals are - and I know, some will argue that the original arms lasted 30+ years and only need inspection and majority of the fleet is still running them etc etc - it is comforting knowing I have upgraded arms despite the price. I felt the condition of the original arms, pictured, was far too gone to clean up and reinstall especially while traveling highways to work. Whether it is DPI or DMCNW, I'd suggest replacement over originals either way. Pictured below this, is a picture of my current SS LCAs, although the picture is a little old.

Is that dirt or rust starting in on the ss LCA's?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Life time on ours for welds etc. this doesn't cover physical damage. I.e. Towing improperly or hitting something.
    Thanks for the reply Josh!

My VIN:    905

LCAs from Delorean eu

I spent alot of time considering what LCAs to use on #905 when I refurbished the front suspension. I eventually purchased the heavier steel LCAs from DeLorean eu. They are made of thicker steel than the originals and boxed for strength too. They are called "Lower link, new production" and them come with ball joints and bushings installed. With the exchange rate they cost less than I was expecting and shipping was very fast. I would highly recommend these. See the pictures of the original next to the new production
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Is that dirt or rust starting in on the ss LCA's?
    Neither. It's discoloration from the welds where the stainless got hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3