FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Super Bright LEDs

My VIN:    3294

Barry, about to do the same. Did you find the those LEDS from Superbright to be sensitive to polarity?
    Come to think of it now... no I don't think they were. I do remember I commented to my wife that I somehow manage to put them all in the right way because they all lit up the first time.

I will tell you that I thought I'd try something different and put in BLUE LED's in the dash binnacle. While they might look cool, you can't see the gauges worth a crap. Christian Dietrich has some type of Blue LED's in his car that are different than the stock sizes and look way better than what I ended up with.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I have the replace dome lights and they measure tbe same as the originals. A few more DeLorean's i have worked on since then are all the same size. Could havr been a error on there part.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    I have the replace dome lights and they measure tbe same as the originals. A few more DeLorean's i have worked on since then are all the same size. Could havr been a error on there part.

At one time there was a replacement dome light fixture that used a different size bulb from the OE. Not sure about the current product.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    At one time there was a replacement dome light fixture that used a different size bulb from the OE. Not sure about the current product.
    Oh no kidding? Must have been before i bought my car back in 2004 cause i did those lights in 2005 when it had the 2 different sizes.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2