FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: electrical restoration help

My VIN:    2706

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    There should be four wires if you have the "recall" wire change done on your car. One brown +12 always feed wire. two of the brown wires go to one blower relay each. The fourth wire is the recall going to the starter relay (connects on same post as your feed wire). You can use an ohm meter to determine which wires.
    so are you saying that i should only be using the 40 amp relay and the 25 amp relay is eliminated? or are you saying that I should have both relays installed. just to confirm.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    so are you saying that i should only be using the 40 amp relay and the 25 amp relay is eliminated? or are you saying that I should have both relays installed. just to confirm.
    I'm saying you won't be using the 40 amp cooling fan breaker. So you don't need it installed. You will need the blower breaker which has 4 wires. My blower breaker is a 30 amp.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I'm saying you won't be using the 40 amp cooling fan breaker. So you don't need it installed. You will need the blower breaker which has 4 wires. My blower breaker is a 30 amp.
    awesome thanks! the one they sent is only 25 amp so I guess Ill need to upgrade that one. The 40 amp is to high to use. I labelled them all and the location that they went to before i removed everything so that will be an easy fix.
    Last edited by powerline84; 01-30-2017 at 12:59 PM.

awesome thanks! the one they sent is only 25 amp so I guess Ill need to upgrade that one. The 40 amp is to high to use. I labelled them all and the location that they went to before i removed everything so that will be an easy fix.
    These breakers are pretty common at auto parts stores. I also changed the wire terminals to ring terminals for a better connection.
    Dave M vin 03572

20170205_105920.jpg

Got it , thanks !

You will find that two of those 6 connection (they were for the 40 amp breaker) will now be cut in the harness. The 40 amp breaker did run from the fan relay pin back into the harness to one of the breaker pins. Then the other breaker pin ran back into the harness to the fan fail pin. I unwrapped my harness to remove the wires and it was about 6 foot of wire. You can just leave the wires cut off.

I built your new fan fail socket. The 12 AWG red wire has a relay pin that you install into the fan relay socket (you pull the old pin and insert the new one). I use a large size paper clip to release the fingers that hold the pins in the socket. Each of the green wires goes to your OEM black/green (fan) wires. The purple wire will go to the OEM brown/purple wire. The black wire goes to ground. There should be a black wire the PO cut off the removed fan fail socket.

I thought the blower breaker was increased to 30 amps because some blowers do draw 25 amps on high speed.
    20170129_154607.jpg

Your talking about the red wire going to relay number 112 in this diaghram correct?

20170129_154607.jpg

Your talking about the red wire going to relay number 112 in this diaghram correct?
    Yes I installed my red jumper wire. You need to pull the large gauge brown/orange wire from the fan relay (112) and install that red wire pin in it's place. That Brown/orange wire did go to the "40" amp breaker which looks like your PO removed so the color may have been changed.

If you have any questions, post a photo of the bottom of your relay sockets.

By the way, the fan fail socket is against the side of the bracket. Your drawing was showing a blank relay socket which I have never seen in any car.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 02-05-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Dave M vin 03572

ok cool ...thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3