FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AutoART DeLorean 2017 Illuminati Release

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

AutoART DeLorean 2017 Illuminati Release

autoartfin1.jpgautoartfin2.jpgautoartfin3.jpgautoartfin4.jpgautoartfin5.jpgautoartfin6.jpgautoartfin7.jpgSmartSelectImage_2017-01-29-19-34-27.jpg

After many hours of stress and concentration the AutoART flat black DeLorean has been transformed into a finished product! I bought the matt black one because the stainless ones are very expensive since they only made 1,000 of them. I began by completely taking it down to it's core 300 parts. The body and panels were stripped, grained, then painted with a special scale model Metalizer paint system 4 step process to realistically reproduce the bare stainless skin. It turned out much better than the factory stainless models. The bumpers were stripped of their black paint and repainted the factory colors as well as the underbody. The black wheels were repainted to the early vin color just because I wanted something special for a special model.
    This model was fitted with working headlights, full marker lights including license tag bulbs. Also has full dash illumination including the radio and AC controls. On constant power (meaning they work all the time whether the outside lights are on or not) are the luggage compartment and engine bay lights automatically come on when you open the panels and if you open a door and the interior lights and red/orange door markers come on automatically.
    The engine bay has been super detailed with all hoses, electrical wires and connections, and throttle cable. I drew up and printed out a full set of decal labels...it helps to have the real thing in the garage to work off of.
    Once the weather warms up a bit I will take my Olympus and get some realistic outdoor shots.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-29-2017 at 07:35 PM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks neat.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I see it accurately replicates the door droop too.
    - Chris

what

Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    I see it accurately replicates the door droop too.
    I was going to make the dash lights blue but I was afraid people would try to copy it in real life and I didn't want to be responsible for any deaths.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

The result is really awesome, you did a great job

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    The result is really awesome, you did a great job
    Thanks! For those who don't like the door droop, some of the pictures were taken a few days ago before I had all the details in the door jambs painted and decals in place so the struts were not tightened down all the way because 90% of the time during construction the car is on its backside and I wanted the doors to flop down easy. Here they are compared to the normal AutoART DeLorean.
    Screenshot_2017-01-30-15-11-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-30-15-12-12.jpg

FYI for those who have the AutoART DeLorean and have a problem with the doors not staying up, try using a jewelers screwdriver (and make sure it's the right size so as not to strip those tiny screw heads) gently tighten both ends of the strut. That should do it. This also works for the bonnet and engine covers

Last edited by Michael; 01-30-2017 at 04:54 PM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Makes me wanna get one of those...if they werent so pricey.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Wow! Very impressive job on that car. The lights and detail in the engine are spectacular.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Wow! Very impressive job on that car. The lights and detail in the engine are spectacular.
    Thanks Tamir! I am going to enjoy having a realistic DeLorean model to photograph in ways I could never do a full size one. Expect a lot of DeLorean pics this summer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast