FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AutoART DeLorean 2017 Illuminati Release

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Some of the wire I used was not much thicker than a human hair. As far as the pavement goes, I think roofing shingles would be much too large for 1/18 scale, even the 60 grit I got is a bit coarse for 1/18 scale, but by the time i paint several coats it sould look right. I could see cork being a good texture as long as it was fine enough.
    Here's an example of it done. It's such a quick and easy way to do it and looks great on on stuff near 1/35 scale. Just sprinkle on some fine sand to add a bit more texture.

My VIN:    07000

Thanks!,
    I sold the Falcon few years ago but I have another, more expensive and much more screen accurate kit in my closet waiting for the mood to strike me.
    I hate you...
    And here I am busy restoring my D (a little at a time and driving it), constantly repairing R2, have my son's 1970 Camaro I'm working on restoring, still have to finish our 960sf pole barn, and now my wife has me starting on our first of 3 tree houses...

I gotta get my priorities straight.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Just a very quick shot with my phone before I lost daylight. When I have more time to stage I will use my Olympus so I can get some depth of field going on and lose that tilt shift(blurry background).
    SmartSelectImage_2017-02-02-18-39-00.jpg
    Attached Images

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

neat
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Looking very good outside

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Just a very quick shot with my phone before I lost daylight. When I have more time to stage I will use my Olympus so I can get some depth of field going on and lose that tilt shift(blurry background).
    SmartSelectImage_2017-02-02-18-39-00.jpg
    How long before we see a scam add for a DeLorean for sale on E-bay that uses this picture?

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    4877

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    How long before we see a scam add for a DeLorean for sale on E-bay that uses this picture?

Cheers
    Steve
    Dang, you stole my idea.....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Cheers

I collect gold and gold coins as a hobby. Not too long ago a guy sold high quality pictures of gold coins on ebay. He did a very very lengthy copy and paste description and snuck in words like "these pictures" or "excellent condition photographs" in the 1,000 word essay. He listed them in art and photograph category and anyone who was looking say "Gold Maple 1oz" would stumble across his ad for a 1oz Gold Maple Coin (picture). People bid not realizing they were in the art catgory and not taking the time to read his whole ad. They would win and get their picture just as promised that they paid dearly for. Before the negative feedback started rolling in he made off with 250 to 300k. He had excellent feedback in the hundreds before this so the people he scammed were caught completely off guard.

I suspect I could do something similar with better pictures. Chris might get his DeLorean after all.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

I collect gold and gold coins as a hobby. Not too long ago a guy sold high quality pictures of gold coins on ebay. He did a very very lengthy copy and paste description and snuck in words like "these pictures" or "excellent condition photographs" in the 1,000 word essay. He listed them in art and photograph category and anyone who was looking say "Gold Maple 1oz" would stumble across his ad for a 1oz Gold Maple Coin (picture). People bid not realizing they were in the art catgory and not taking the time to read his whole ad. They would win and get their picture just as promised that they paid dearly for. Before the negative feedback started rolling in he made off with 250 to 300k. He had excellent feedback in the hundreds before this so the people he scammed were caught completely off guard.

I suspect I could do something similar with better pictures. Chris might get his DeLorean after all.
    Wow... That take a pair to run a scam like that.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

I think in the near future I'm doing this with a stainless version and really pulling out the stops. Turn signals activated via the stalk, brake lights via the brake pedal, and since I will be starting with an actual stainless versions it will be much much easier because there will be not as much disassembley needed to paint the interior door panels, fascias, and wheels.

I really do like my painted stainless finish but the factory stainless models can be grained with 800 grit to a nearly perfect looking finish. It may be daunting to try this to a model fetching 400+ dollars these days but trust me, after stripping my black one (which was just a painted over stainless finished model), you have plenty of plating before you break through to the copper finish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3