FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AutoART DeLorean 2017 Illuminati Release

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

You should be able to get some real mind bending near to far perspective shots with the real car in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    You should be able to get some real mind bending near to far perspective shots with the real car in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm making an asphalt base right now from sheets of 60 grit paper. Some airbrushing and some dark washes should make a convincing scale driveway. Got my rotating base in today, love it. It adds so much to the finished model. Still, needs a DMC decal on the stationary riser part of the base. Will do that soon.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Very cool.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5312

The engine bay and attention to detail is just absolutely amazing wow great work!

My VIN:    07000

You're work never ceases to impress, Michael. Did you do the model of the Millennium Falcon as well?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Holy cow man, that looks awesome!! If you didn't know those shots of the engine were a scale model, it would be difficult to distinguish it from a photo of an actual engine. I'm blown away by the detail with the lights, switches, labels, everything! Very well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    You're work never ceases to impress, Michael. Did you do the model of the Millennium Falcon as well?
    Thanks!,
    I sold the Falcon few years ago but I have another, more expensive and much more screen accurate kit in my closet waiting for the mood to strike me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R
    Holy cow man, that looks awesome!! If you didn't know those shots of the engine were a scale model, it would be difficult to distinguish it from a photo of an actual engine. I'm blown away by the detail with the lights, switches, labels, everything! Very well done!!
    Thanks man!!

My VIN:    10201

That's fantastic. Was getting the center console lights in easier on the scale model or the real thing?

Also, I use corkboard for asphalt. Paint black and drybrush and it gives a fairly convincing asphalt look. I've also heard of using roofing shingles.

I'm not sure if you mean the interior lights or the HVAC and radio lights but it doesn't matter, the whole damn ting was hard. Although I have never lit an AutoArt DeLorean before I have seen it done with other AUTOart models, but with the DeLorean there just is no room. I was going to add brake lights that activate when you push the brake pedal but I was too worried that I was overreaching. Turns out I had enough room(and I still may add them). Most people that do this stuff use programmable chips where I'm too stupid so mine is all analog and that eats up real estate. Another thing is since I used special coatings to achieve the stainless finish, it is quite delicate so I had to be very aware how I handled it during construction.

Here is a sample of the LED's I used.
    Some of the wire I used was not much thicker than a human hair. As far as the pavement goes, I think roofing shingles would be much too large for 1/18 scale, even the 60 grit I got is a bit coarse for 1/18 scale, but by the time i paint several coats it sould look right. I could see cork being a good texture as long as it was fine enough.

Last edited by Michael; 02-01-2017 at 07:42 PM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Ive considered making a printable kit from my 3d model so I could do fancy things like lights, RC, etc...but would be a bit larger than 1:18 and wouldnt have actual stainless body panels.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast