FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Northern Michigan DeLorean Fall Driving Tour 2017!

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Northern Michigan DeLorean Fall Driving Tour 2017!

Facebook event page is up! September 29th-October 1st. This was a blast last year with 5 DeLoreans in attendance...let's see how many more we can get this year!

https://www.facebook.com/events/614709945393293/
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

BUMP. This event is getting closer! I hope to see some of you there!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Please join us for the 2nd annual Northern Michigan DeLorean Fall Driving Tour. The final itinerary is below:

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th:
    For those of us who will be in town early on Friday, we will be doing a scenic afternoon drive to Boyne City, and having a late lunch at Red Mesa Grill, one of the best Latin American restaurants up north! There are also numerous shops to wander in downtown after lunch.

After we are done in Boyne City, we will head back towards the Petoskey/Harbor Springs area and meet up with any other owners who have arrived by then. An impromptu get-together and tech session will happen at the Conlon household, followed by a group dinner at a nearby restaurant (MANY to choose from.) Feel free to Facebook message me or text message me for directions to the house. My cell phone is 513-706-3273.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH:
    Our morning will begin at 10 AM in the parking lot of the Best Western in Harbor Springs. The address is 8514 M-119, Harbor Springs, MI 49740.

Once we are all assembled there, we will head out and begin our drive on beautiful M-119, known as "The Tunnel of Trees", which features breathtaking scenery in the fall as the leaves change colors. This is a very curvy road along the coast of Lake Michigan's Little Traverse Bay and is an absolute blast to drive in a DeLorean. There are lots of spots to stop, shop, and take photos along the way. One of which is the Good Hart General Store, which sells some of the best homemade cookies you've ever tasted.

A map of the tunnel of trees can be viewed here: http://www.goodhartstore.com/Good_Ha...TofT2011_2.pdf

We will be making a stop for lunch at Legs Inn, which was a crowd favorite on the drive last year. The Michigan Historical Commission described Legs Inn as one of Michigan's "most unusual architectural marvels." It has been written about and recommended by innumerable major media outlets, including: The New York Times, USA Today, CBS News, NBC News, Detroit Free Press, Chicago Tribune, and many more! Check out their website: http://www.legsinn.com

After lunch, we will turn around and go back through the tunnel of trees and make a stop at Pond Hill Farm. This beautiful property has great scenery, a wonderful brewery, vineyard, live animals, fresh produce, and many other farm fresh goods. Lots of sauces, salad dressings, and salsas as souvenirs here! There is also a giant slingshot known as the "Squash Rocket" that is always a must-do activity when at Pond Hill. See their website here: http://www.pondhill.com/#your-local-farm

After Pond Hill, we will continue onward to Boyne Highlands, a local ski resort. We will ride a chairlift to the top of the mountain and experience the breathtaking views of the changing folliage color from the air. This was one of the highlights of last year's tour.

After the chairlift ride, we can evaluate what time it is and see if anyone is hungry. There are many different options in terms of local restaurants for dinner. If people would like to return to the Conlon household first, I will have on display a collection of original DeLorean dealership documents that were entrusted to me by former DMC salesman and owner, Jim Rose, before his death this year. Many unique, one-of-a-kind internal documents that I have never seen elsewhere.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1st:
    Before everyone leaves for home, we will host a breakfast for everyone at the Conlon household. Plenty of room for parking, lots of tools for last minute projects, and lots of good DMC conversation as always.

As far as overnight lodging, there are lots of hotels to choose from in the nearby Petoskey, Michigan area as well as the Best Western in Harbor Springs.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! I hope to see all of you there!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Two weeks to go! Who all is coming? So far we have at least 5 cars confirmed coming from Louisiana, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

We are up to 7 DeLoreans at this point!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880