FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Seats - Part #:100622 SLIDE RELEASE BAR

My VIN:    05255

Seats - Part #:100622 SLIDE RELEASE BAR

Part #:100622 SLIDE RELEASE BAR

http://store.delorean.com/c-396-8-7-3-seats.aspx

Part 22 (1x required per seat)

Does anyone know what car they are sourced from?
    I've seen DeLoreans where on some they point down and on others they point upwards. For those where they point down they interfere with the mats. Is this purely someone fitting them the wrong way up?

If unknown I suspect they could be made up easily enough???

Thanks in advance

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Von_Bron View Post
    Part #:100622 SLIDE RELEASE BAR

http://store.delorean.com/c-396-8-7-3-seats.aspx

Part 22 (1x required per seat)

Does anyone know what car they are sourced from?
    I've seen DeLoreans where on some they point down and on others they point upwards. For those where they point down they interfere with the mats. Is this purely someone fitting them the wrong way up?

If unknown I suspect they could be made up easily enough???

Thanks in advance
    If you install them pointing down they don't work (the notches will be in the wrong place so they would fall off anyway). They will hit the seat before the slide releases. Part is not available, yes, it would have to be fabricated. I'm not so sure about easily. . .
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3937

Hi Chris,

Here's a couple pictures of my slide release bars.

My car didn't have any when I first bought it. Imagine my surprise when I get my car for the first time, with the driver's seat a couple clicks from being all the way back, and I'm thinking "sh!t, I don't fit!!!"

I had help tracking a pair down from a parts car. I cleaned them up a bit and repainted and this is what you see in the photo. You can see some of the notches Dave mentions about how they could only be installed in one direction.

IMG_2098.jpgIMG_2097.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    814

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    they could only be installed in one direction.
    I'd beat em round the head with it...

My VIN:    5*9*

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

My passenger slide release bar was rusted thru at the end so I sourced one from one of the online delorean venders. I think it was deloreanone or delorean northwest. I don't remember. But they had a really good used one. I paid under $30 for it.
    5*9*

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Does the seat have to be removed to install one of these? My passenger side is missing it (I have it in a box, though).
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    05255

For context, I have slide bars/rails on my seats but I bought an interesting pair of seats a little while ago from a chap that that bought them from a chap in the motor trade who had bought them at the DeLorean auctions in 1984. He had bought them with the intent of installing them into his Ford GT40 kit car which he never finished so they were placed in the loft in the original DMC polythene bags for many years and then sold to the chap I bought them from. As you can see they have nothing in the way of DeLorean seat bases.

I do have pair of the slides for each seat so missing 'just' the hard to get hold of parts 22 2x as per below:-

These have been in a dark safe place for nearly thirty years and look amazing. The only bad point is that during their time in storage one of the seats received some impressions (I don’t have any of the seat impressions that that are on the drivers seat) due to a box being left on it. The leather is fine but the foam inside has learnt a new shape/impression and warm/massaging should return it back to its original shape given a bit of time.

The intesting point about the seats is the ‘Richfield’ stickers (as per photo below) that you can see on the tilt rotator dial and when peeled off then reveals the OEM black plastic as seen on DeLoreans.

As you can see from the photos the seats are lovely and plump and crucially the ruched/rippled effect is intact and consistent following the flawless centre stitching.

I've found a buyer and looking to locate the slider bars just to help out. He's fully aware of the point above. The reason I'm selling is that since buying them I then decided some time afterwards that I would be having my present seats redone fully in leather in due course so now looking to sell these on to an owner that can enjoy them as is.

I researched Richfield seats and this post (part way down) shows Richfield sold up in 2007….

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/gener...d-seating.html

Good news is that even further down in the following post:-

“We have sold the company & the company is now called Interiors Vehicle seating, 01623 400660, Myself & Ashley have go to work for the new company so you would still receive the same quality of workmanship as before. - Regards Russell"

All the order book, tooling, stock etc has been bought by

Interiors Foam Ltd.
    Unit 4 b Botany Park.
    Botany Ave.
    Mansfield.
    Notts. NG18 5NF.
    http://www.interiorsseating.co.uk/
    Tel. 01623 400660
    Fax. 01623 400661

Contact is Steve Snaith.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Nice seats. Oh how I wish I had like-new original seat skins in mine.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    3937

Just noticed Houston has slide release bars (100622) available for purchase. Remanufactured from original drawings. $54.72 each. Good stuff!!

http://store.delorean.com/p-9991-slide-release-bar.aspx

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Just noticed Houston has slide release bars (100622) available for purchase. Remanufactured from original drawings. $54.72 each. Good stuff!!

http://store.delorean.com/p-9991-slide-release-bar.aspx

Wow, and they made them with stainless steel! I'm impressed!