FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flux capacitor

My VIN:    5625

Flux capacitor

Alright guys-

I'm sick and tired of being asked if the car has a flux capacitor. i want to see the face on these folks when I say yes! looking for a flux capacitor for the rear deck. Anyone looking to get rid of one? Let me know what you have.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Alright guys-

I'm sick and tired of being asked if the car has a flux capacitor. i want to see the face on these folks when I say yes! looking for a flux capacitor for the rear deck. Anyone looking to get rid of one? Let me know what you have.
    I have the solution to your problem. I was getting asked the same question. So my grandaughter made me a drawing of one on paper and now when asked I just pull out the drawing and show it to the person. They are always impressed and are now satisfied that I met their expectations. I am happy that I don't have to butcher my car to satisfy the general public.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

When I get asked that question, I pull the miniature thinkgeek FC out of the glove box and joke that 30 years of development reduced the size, and it even charges your iPhone.

That always gets a laugh and then they ask where they can get one.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    When I get asked that question, I pull the miniature thinkgeek FC out of the glove box and joke that 30 years of development reduced the size, and it even charges your iPhone.

That always gets a laugh and then they ask where they can get one.
    +1.
    I bought a few of those when they came out and people get a big laugh out of it.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Does anyone else's TG Flux Capacitor keep tripping the fuse for the radio? In the past year I've almost gone through the entire packet of yellow fuses.

It's usually good as long as I dont touch it, but if I'm plugging something in theres a 1 in 15 chance I'm about to lose the radio.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    03500

Ya I think that's typical with this old stuff o so sensitive having things plugged in. Happens to me all the time. aaarrrg

The Diamond Select Flux Capacitor is a pretty good value, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-...Wi6w8BHttcvB7Q

For my own flux capacitor, I took one of these toys, removed the important stuff, and transplanted it to the authentic "Stahlin" enclosure with real vacuum relays instead of the replicas.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    The Diamond Select Flux Capacitor is a pretty good value, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-...Wi6w8BHttcvB7Q

For my own flux capacitor, I took one of these toys, removed the important stuff, and transplanted it to the authentic "Stahlin" enclosure with real vacuum relays instead of the replicas.
    Have any photos of that? I have both the Diamond Select and the Stahlin box and was planning to do the same as you...
    Did you buy new more screen accurate rubber for the window opening too? Just curious if you new where and what size to get.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Have any photos of that? I have both the Diamond Select and the Stahlin box and was planning to do the same as you...
    Did you buy new more screen accurate rubber for the window opening too? Just curious if you new where and what size to get.

Cheers
    Steven

IMG_3625.jpg

The enclosure I had already included the window with the gasket. This is the only photo I have at the moment.

The black board is actual "blackboard" from Home Depot.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Alright guys-

You could always buy the Yatzee version and stick it back there. It's battery powered with two AA batteries I think. I do that sometimes. I have the TG one as wall. I call it the #ghettoflux and I have a #ghettofusion for those times you don't want to spend $600+ on BTTF props. Sorry but it's tight in da hood here in Detroit

https://www.amazon.com/YAHTZEE-Back-...+to+the+future

$18 bucks.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast