FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flux capacitor

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

GhettoFlux.jpgGhettofusion.jpgghettofusion2.jpglit.jpg

#GhettoFlux
    #GhettoFusion

When you have to timetravel on a budget it is the #ghettofusion and #ghettoflux by Ronco....patent pending

(Not to mention #ghettofluxbands)

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 03-06-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

MiniFlux.jpg

MiniFlux with improved rear #ghettofluxbands

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 03-06-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I found a nice replica on ebay for 125.00 and snagged it. If you have an iPad just download the FC app!

My VIN:    16409

This is funny:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...itemDetailTab_

Doesn't look like it's available at the moment.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    03500

It was ment to be funny on back to the future day 10/21/15. They never sold them. The pic is a Diamond Select flux I think. I have one from fluxy88.

Dave B

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    It was ment to be funny on back to the future day 10/21/15.
    That gag has been on O'Reilly's site a whole hell of a lot longer than that.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    The Diamond Select Flux Capacitor is a pretty good value, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-...Wi6w8BHttcvB7Q

For my own flux capacitor, I took one of these toys, removed the important stuff, and transplanted it to the authentic "Stahlin" enclosure with real vacuum relays instead of the replicas.
    I have one as well without the window. My biggest issue with the BTTFII Diamond Select version, with more "movie accurate" effects, is wrong due to the flux lights only being 3 each (thus a more strobe effect), and going from the middle to the outside, vs. outside in.

I thought movie accurate, and the way everyone who makes the expensive FC's, was from the outside into the middle..

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I have one as well without the window. My biggest issue with the BTTFII Diamond Select version, with more "movie accurate" effects, is wrong due to the flux lights only being 3 each (thus a more strobe effect), and going from the middle to the outside, vs. outside in.

I thought movie accurate, and the way everyone who makes the expensive FC's, was from the outside into the middle..

Mine goes from the outside to the middle. If you had one that went the wrong way, it's a simple matter to pull the circuit board and flip it around. You might need to extend a wire or two.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

There are two diamond select toys versions of the FC. The original (short run) version indeed went the wrong direction (from the inside out) and also had a single strobe light in the middle. There are 2 knobs on it, one that controls the speed of the LED cascading and the other that controls the speed of the strobe. Pretty quickly people started complaining about the direction of the cascading, the innaccuracy of having the center strobe light, and the fact that the strobe lights burned out after a relatively short time. They then released what they called the BTTF Part II version which eliminated the center strobe completely, and corrected the cascade direction (from outside in).

This is the first version with strobe and incorrect cascading. (notice the U-shaped strobe light in the center). This version was very short lived. I remember trying to get one shortly after they came out and they had already switched over. This one was only out for a couple of months.
    DST FC 1.jpg

This is the second and current version which most owners have, with no strobe and correct cascading.
    DST FC 2.jpg
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 03-09-2017 at 03:12 PM.

My VIN:    07000

Interesting. Mine doesn't have the strobe and goes outside in. But I did get it for super cheap on eBay, as the seller thought it was broken.

I'll have to switch the boards around, and yes, I did look and the wires would have to be slightly extended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast