FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Interest - Euro-spec / future model headlight trims?

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Regards pricing, I'm not sure to be honnest, it's the finishing off that will take the time and effort, and until I have a version I'm 100% happy with (version 4 printing as I type) I don't know quite how much post print finishing they will require.

I'm sure they won't be very expensive.

Watch this space, I am at a mini local DeLorean meet tomorrow evening so I will take them along for people to take a look at and get feedback.

J

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamesrguk; 09-18-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    James Russell-Grant
    VIN# 5462 Grey Automatic, Purchased in January 2000
    www.printsolid.co.uk

My VIN:    17149

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrguk View Post
    Quick update, version 2 printed and roughly finished.

Version 3 will have slightly different sized grooves to look more like the original. It will also have counter bored holes, the only way to get a reall snug fit is to screw them on with small self tapping screws so I'll get some small black screws to include in the kit.

Printed with 15% infill allows a little flexibility to fit snugly, if your fitting them you may as well fit them right. Filling 2 tiny holes with PU filler and touching them up with a drip of paint on the end of a q-tip - if for some reason you wanted to remove them - isn't a major issue.

It's how the factory were most likely going to install them anyway so it probably makes them more genuine.

I have some great textured black paint which should make them look pretty sharp.

The kit will come with nessasary screws, buyers can go that route or try whatever they like, glue etc...

I hope to have the final product installed on my car by the weekend and photographed and have limited stock with the vendor within 14 days.

J

They look great. I am also interested once you have your final version.
    Justin Trabue

I think this is as close as I'm going to get with a version that is thin and flexible enough to fit most cars as there will always be some car to car variation.

Counter sunk screw hole now included, I would attach with a little black silicone behind and then a single small black self tapping screw.

I suppose I had better practice what I preach and and install a set on my car with screws!

Last edited by jamesrguk; 09-19-2019 at 02:49 AM.
    James Russell-Grant
    www.printsolid.co.uk

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks good.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    17149

awesome
    Justin Trabue

These headlight side trims took a fair bit more work than I thought to get them to look just right, but I'm really pleased with the result.

Now available from DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-side-trims.html

As a spin off I produced some 'Chocolate Block' centre light trims.

Mine have been missing for some time and inspired by the '83 headlight side trims, I designed and produced these centre peices which follow the same ribbed theme.

I put them on my car and I'm really pleased with the look, they really complement the side trims.

Also available at DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-finishers.html

Last edited by jamesrguk; 09-25-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    James Russell-Grant
    www.printsolid.co.uk

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Very cool. They turned out nicely
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrguk View Post
    These headlight side trims took a fair bit more work than I thought to get them to look just right, but I'm really pleased with the result.

Now available from DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-side-trims.html

As a spin off I produced some 'Chocolate Block' centre light trims.

Mine have been missing for some time and inspired by the '83 headlight side trims, I designed and produced these centre peices which follow the same ribbed theme.

I put them on my car and I'm really pleased with the look, they really complement the side trims.

Also available at DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-finishers.html

So these finishers go overtop the L finisher in between the headlights? This is all just wonderful bringing to life a possible update that would never happen!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Very cool!
    As soon as I get my eyebrows straightened and fascia aligned with the fenders and repainted, I’m going to add these.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

These are great. Let's see both sets together in one pic.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast