FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest - Euro-spec / future model headlight trims?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

thought on attachment

If the trim pieces are meant to be installed with the headlights in place, having a ball-stud arrangement might be tricky, since it would require enough clearance to pull the trim piece out (toward the headlight) and I'm not sure a ball-stud short enough to allow for that would work very well - at least at the rear of the trim piece where the headlight sits. What about a clip in the back to "hook" onto the fascia, with a ball-stud in the front? Installation would involve pushing the trim piece in slightly more and at an angle, then pulling it forward and snapping the ball-stud into place. Removal would involve prying the ball-stud out, then angling the trim piece toward the headlight, and pushing it in to disengage the clip. I'm not sure the fascia material is tough enough to withstand it, but I'm just thinking aloud here - I know some people (myself included) think the trim piece would be more attractive if the fasteners weren't visible. I don't have my car right now so I can't go out and look at it to check for clearance to see if it's even possible, but maybe someone else could.

Feel free to disregard this message, of course.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    AXI 1698 Factory RHD, MGJ 126Y Factory RHD. (Formally AXI 1699)

Club(s):  

New trim pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    If the trim pieces are meant to be installed with the headlights in place, having a ball-stud arrangement might be tricky, since it would require enough clearance to pull the trim piece out (toward the headlight) and I'm not sure a ball-stud short enough to allow for that would work very well - at least at the rear of the trim piece where the headlight sits. What about a clip in the back to "hook" onto the fascia, with a ball-stud in the front? Installation would involve pushing the trim piece in slightly more and at an angle, then pulling it forward and snapping the ball-stud into place. Removal would involve prying the ball-stud out, then angling the trim piece toward the headlight, and pushing it in to disengage the clip. I'm not sure the fascia material is tough enough to withstand it, but I'm just thinking aloud here - I know some people (myself included) think the trim piece would be more attractive if the fasteners weren't visible. I don't have my car right now so I can't go out and look at it to check for clearance to see if it's even possible, but maybe someone else could.

Feel free to disregard this message, of course.
    Ive stuck mine on with double sided tape...look great and original to my car.
    [email protected]Chris P. Historian of the DOC UK

My VIN:    5625

Is there any update to this thread? I would really like to purchase a set of these trim pieces.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I would really like a set on 11035! Any update?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    2506

Bump. Really interested in these.

Quote Originally Posted by wfox2506 View Post
    Bump. Really interested in these.
    Bizzump...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

If I get time after I get my fascia back on (waiting to get a couple things from Toby), I may try and mock up my own print them.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    If I get time after I get my fascia back on (waiting to get a couple things from Toby), I may try and mock up my own print them.
    do you do 3d printing?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah I have a 3d printer, nice n easy to use.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    2245

The plans were on e-bay a while back, I only saved one picture from the auction.
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast