Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: 1981 auto - garaged project car - Jacksonville, FL.

  1. #21
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,960

    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    But then I came along Michael. I will truly save this carat all costs if afforded the opportunity.
    I know you would make it like new again

    I think my disdain goes back to my grandfather's 1967 442. He bought it brand new off the showroom floor, had everything, window sticker, two cancelled checks that he paid for the car with, all the hanger tags, manuals, everything. It was left to me from my dad and although I was poor on cash...real poor, I was determined to make that car just like it was when new when I was in a better place financially. It ran great, low miles, etc. At a very hard time in my life I sold it to my brother for a measley $1,200.00 only because he said "I really need a car right now" He knew I needed the money but I undersold it to him with the caveat that I get to buy it back because I wanted to keep it in the family. I even let him pay me 600 up front and make payments

    He sold it a few months later at a huge profit..then he "paid it off".

    Ever since then I have nothing but rage for the "sad stories" and the "I want to fix her up" BS whenever a giveaway priced car comes along. I get it ALL THE TIME on my gun sale pages. "I'm a poor military vet that needs a gun, will you let me have it for $$" Only so they can flip it the next day.

    I'm with Rich. I wouln't mind seeing someone who really wants a D to fix up get it at a good price, but these people crawling out of the woodwork for this one just piss me off because I know their true intentions based solely on their history (make that lack of history) here on this forum.

    After seeing those updated pics, thats a 11-12k car ALL DAY LONG! It would not suprise me to see that thing go on ebay for 14 to 15k with good pics and a well written description.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-02-2017 at 07:40 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member powerline84's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2015

    Location:  NY

    Posts:    373

    My VIN:    2706

    Damn that's a great candidate for restoration I hope to see it restored on this forum. I am driving that way this weekend , only 4 hours from were I am at.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Flagler Beach,FL

    Posts:    78

    Delorean in Jax

    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    But then I came along Michael. I will truly save this carat all costs if afforded the opportunity.
    Alright Josh if you buy it and come down here to Jacksonville let me know, I am in St Augustine ( about 40 miles south of Jax) and would love to have you see my Delorean with all the items recently installed. Thanks

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2013

    Location:  North Florida

    Posts:    165

    My VIN:    6298

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Hello everyone,

    I've received PMs about the issue of a potential buyer reselling the car elsewhere. IMO, it is the buyer's right to do as they wish. Clearly the real issue is that my asking price was far too low. It is unlikely the car will ultimately sell at price that supports the buyer reselling it for a significant profit. Tomcio did right by me when he sold it to me and I'll do the same for the next owner. Tomorrow I will reply to today's PMs to figure out who is still interested. Like someone said, this happens with real estate from time to time and I am sorry if this frustrates anyone. I'll arrange visits for sometime after this weekend.

    I've been an owner for quite awhile and have a lot of respect for the folks on the forums going back to the DML days in the late 1990s. DMCTalk has been particularly helpful to me personally. I'm not trying to cause any trouble here.

    Apologies to the mods who I assume don't normally have to deal with drama in the "For Sale" section.

    Thanks

    Bill
    Bill

    VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Flagler Beach,FL

    Posts:    78

    Delorean in Jax

    Well good luck and hopefully someone local gets it and restores it. Would certainly like to see more Delorean in this area.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2013

    Location:  North Florida

    Posts:    165

    My VIN:    6298

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCSPRINT View Post
    Well good luck and hopefully someone local gets it and restores it. Would certainly like to see more Delorean in this area.
    I agree. I do feel bad it's been sitting for so long. This car might have been in Florida its entire life. It would be cool for it to stay here.
    Bill

    VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Mar 2017

    Posts:    1

    My VIN:    3896

    This would have to be the strangest "for sale" add I have ever seen?.. What happened while I was away? A fellow member wants a quick sale of his vehicle, so he offers it to the Delorean "community" first and all he gets is so called "advice" from "experts" telling him he is doing it wrong? Sorry I don't get it?
    Lots of folks telling him "I would buy it if I had the money"..(sure that will help him! ) or "If I wasn't so far away"............and who cares what the buyer does with it? Or where they live? WTF has that got to do with anything? Guy wants to sell his car quickly so prices it well.? Someone tell me what is wrong with that? Or did I miss something?
    I live on the other side of the world so I guess am I one of those "parasites " or "people coming out of the woodwork" as someone put it? So I cant buy it? I think BILL6298 just wants his car gone and money in the bank....and yes of course I would by it in a heartbeat......as I did 3896 when I bought that back in 2007 off a gentlemen on here ..............Same story! He advertised it well.....received the same replies as I see on this thread for this one !! History does repeat it self.:0....So he sold it to me (as he got sick to death of all the negative and non genuine "enquiries") , He asked "Do you want to buy it" I replied "yes" "Do you have the money"? Again "yes". He replied "Its yours" Deal done ........... restored it and got it back on the road.....Sold it over a year ago and now want another one .....is that ok? Sorry if I "offended" anyone......good luck to the new owner

  8. #28
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,960

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8trboy61 View Post
    This would have to be the strangest "for sale" add I have ever seen?.. What happened while I was away? A fellow member wants a quick sale of his vehicle, so he offers it to the Delorean "community" first and all he gets is so called "advice" from "experts" telling him he is doing it wrong? Sorry I don't get it?
    Lots of folks telling him "I would buy it if I had the money"..(sure that will help him! ) or "If I wasn't so far away"............and who cares what the buyer does with it? Or where they live? WTF has that got to do with anything? Guy wants to sell his car quickly so prices it well.? Someone tell me what is wrong with that? Or did I miss something?
    I live on the other side of the world so I guess am I one of those "parasites " or "people coming out of the woodwork" as someone put it? So I cant buy it? I think BILL6298 just wants his car gone and money in the bank....and yes of course I would by it in a heartbeat......as I did 3896 when I bought that back in 2007 off a gentlemen on here ..............Same story! He advertised it well.....received the same replies as I see on this thread for this one !! History does repeat it self.:0....So he sold it to me (as he got sick to death of all the negative and non genuine "enquiries") , He asked "Do you want to buy it" I replied "yes" "Do you have the money"? Again "yes". He replied "Its yours" Deal done ........... restored it and got it back on the road.....Sold it over a year ago and now want another one .....is that ok? Sorry if I "offended" anyone......good luck to the new owner
    This isn't just some forum. We are more of a community here and some even consider family. We offer free help and advice and most here are more than willing to go the extra mile to help someone in need.
    If that's too much for all the one post wonders that popped up here well you know what to do.

    Nothing but a bunch of vultures that contribute nothing to the forum or the community. You swoop in on a under priced car then off you go to your next kill. You're just mad that we helped someone who wasn't in the know from making a mistake because it didn't benifet you financially.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Sep 2013

    Posts:    14

    michael

    i didn't make an offer on this car. but just to give an example of a person... i don't own a delorean. i'd love to. i look at this, and other forums every day. i've been reading since before i registered. i rarely post.. i don't have much to contribute. i can't advise on anything really. i don't own a delorean, never have, really haven't much to share with you guys. so i have a low post count. but if the right car comes up for me at the right time.. i'm going to jump on it. because i'd want to buy it, fix it, run it, experience it etc. not to flip it.

    of course there are many flippers out there, not denying that. but just saying that really you can't dismiss anyone with a low post count as a vulture. just saying, good luck with the sale O/p. i'm sure you can make a good deal with someone that will suit you both.

    carry on...

  10. #30
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,960

    Now that the OP has been informed as to the value of his car I don't care what he does with it. He can give it away if he wants, just like I would caution a new member against paying too much for too little car I will also do the opposite for new members (and old ones too for that matter).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •