FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deloreans, Deloreans and more Deloreans

My VIN:    6585

No, that's not it. I'm looking for a rear valance. The mock up car in the Ulster Folk & Transport museum has this piece, as does at least one of the pre-production cars that was used as a mock-up for the AmEx gold car brochure.

It is even depicted on the early brochures where instead of seeing the muffler, crank case, and most of the rear suspension, all that is visible are the fins on the bottom of the oil pan.

Lotus always installed one of these pieces on the Esprit:

I would love to see one of these, and how it was mounted in order to create one for my own car. I have read that if not properly reinstalled on an Esprit it can adversely affect fuel economy. I've no idea how true that is, but it would at least look a whole lot nicer to clean up the rear of the engine. Tow hooks might be a problem, but I'd figure that one out later.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

I thought that's what you might have meant.

That gold car mockup is a retouched photo of the Visioneering car, which is the only one I know of that had that arrangement. The drawing in the brochure is also of the V car, so it makes sense that it's in there:

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 21.35.54.jpg

I think even the Lotus development models in the new style abandoned that valance:

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 21.42.12.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2