FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deloreans, Deloreans and more Deloreans

My VIN:    Proto 1 and many other amazing Deloreans

Club(s):   (DCF)

Deloreans, Deloreans and more Deloreans

Sold two more Deloreans here at Gulf Coast Motorworks so there are two new Delorean enthusiasts among the vast Delorean community!! I am considering offering a very well known Concours level Delorean up for sale. Its been in numerous publications, as well as being Delorean royalty in the community. Gulf Coast Motorworks has owned this car for the past 5 years and we are thinking it might be time to let her go. I'll keep you posted! See if you can guess what Vin it is...

Enjoy your day,

Mike

www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com
    Mike Fiore
    Gulfcoast Motorworks, Delorean Division
    28701 Trails Edge Blvd
    Bonita Springs, FL. 34134
    239-495-8550
    239-405-7253

My VIN:    16377

Did you guys ever decide to sell that pilot car that you had there? I was there back in August 2015 and remembered hearing that you guys were considering putting it up for sale.

Thanks.

-Nick

My VIN:    Proto 1 and many other amazing Deloreans

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Did you guys ever decide to sell that pilot car that you had there? I was there back in August 2015 and remembered hearing that you guys were considering putting it up for sale.

Thanks.

-Nick
    Hi Nick,

yes we still have Pilot 21 here in the showroom. Shes in rough shape and needs ALOT of TLC, I am just too busy to get her back together. I'd consider selling her if the price is right. if you are interested, email me at [email protected] and we can further discuss it.

Thank you,

Mike
    Mike Fiore
    Gulfcoast Motorworks, Delorean Division
    28701 Trails Edge Blvd
    Bonita Springs, FL. 34134
    239-495-8550
    239-405-7253

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by GCMW Deloreans View Post
    Sold two more Deloreans here at Gulf Coast Motorworks so there are two new Delorean enthusiasts among the vast Delorean community!! I am considering offering a very well known Concours level Delorean up for sale. Its been in numerous publications, as well as being Delorean royalty in the community. Gulf Coast Motorworks has owned this car for the past 5 years and we are thinking it might be time to let her go. I'll keep you posted! See if you can guess what Vin it is...

Enjoy your day,

Mike

I'll take the "guess the VIN" challenge...6041. Do I win a prize? Lol

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by GCMW Deloreans View Post
    Hi Nick,

yes we still have Pilot 21 here in the showroom. Shes in rough shape and needs ALOT of TLC, I am just too busy to get her back together. I'd consider selling her if the price is right. if you are interested, email me at [email protected] and we can further discuss it.

Thank you,

Mike
    I was just curious if you guys still had it. It looked rough when I saw it. Just got an '83 DeLorean in December. I'll be good for a while.

Thanks.

-Nick

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Pilot 21 has always been pretty rough. I remember when Ken and Cliff first picked up up back around 2007. It came with a lot of extra parts because someone had tried to put production parts on it that only halfway fit. Its a cool car though; lots of subtle pre-production nuances.

There is no hole in the fiberglass for a passenger side torsion bar (why would a test car need a passenger?). It came with pre-production doors with plastic windows and no door locks, and oddly enough the insides were carbon steel (because they were covered in surface rust). Unfortunately I remember that the grit blasting company that was used to clean up the inside ignorantly blasted the outside of the door to also really screwing up the grain. I remember one of the rear quarter panels had actually been grained the wrong direction from the factory (vertically instead of horizontally). The frame also wasn't epoxy coated, just black painted which had not held up well. Plus it had a lot of Renault parts, especially transmission related, because it was the first automatic car manufactured. Lots of other small things too that were very interesting.

It would be very cool to see the car actually restored, but it's definitely a mountain to be climbed.

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

I had a ride in Pilot 20 a year ago. It was really cool to see all the differences between that and the production cars.

I always thought the black door inners were neater than the production plain stainless, too.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Pilot 20

My VIN:    6585

Any photos of the trim piece that covers the muffler and lower engine?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

This any use? (love that plain rear bumper)

IMG_6349.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast