FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BAE polished turbo kit, excellent condition-- sold!

My VIN:    10590

turbo setup

I want it.

BAE polished turbo kit, excellent condition

Quote Originally Posted by MPPDMC View Post
    I want it.
    I wish to use paypal sorry no wire transfers.

https://www.paypal.com/welcome/signu...email_password

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I wish to use paypal sorry no wire transfers.

https://www.paypal.com/welcome/signu...email_password
    Be careful soundkiller. This remark has some red flags in it. I no longer accept PayPal unless it's payment from a eBay buyer or as a gift. There are just way too many ways buyers can come back and dispute the transaction after you have shipped(and they usually win). Had someone do that to me outside of eBay 6 weeks after I had shipped and I tossed the tracking number weeks earlier because he said he received it.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Agreed Michael. I've notified the interested party, and this was my concern when PayPal was first mentioned.

To all interested parties, I won't take PayPal on a item this rare or expensive. Just to much risk. I'll gladly set up an account for a wire transfer, but I just can't think of a safer way to do a transaction like this. Unfortunately I can't even take a bankers check, because people have figured out how to scam on those. Nothing personal to anyone, I just want the safest transaction for all of us.
    Soundkillr was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Agreed Michael. I've notified the interested party, and this was my concern when PayPal was first mentioned.

To all interested parties, I won't take PayPal on a item this rare or expensive. Just to much risk. I'll gladly set up an account for a wire transfer, but I just can't think of a safer way to do a transaction like this. Unfortunately I can't even take a bankers check, because people have figured out how to scam on those. Nothing personal to anyone, I just want the safest transaction for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr
    I'll be honest with you, I'm not comfortable with a PayPal transaction on an item this valuable. I've had PayPal for years and know exact how it works. It's way to easy for me to ship an item and have someone deny a posted payment. I'm a moderator on this forum and have been selling stuff for years and have seen a good bit of fraud. It's nothing personal just trying to protect us both. I'm only comfortable with a wire transfer. If you wish to proceed I'll gladly call you and tell you all about the kit, and answer any questions and let you at least get a feel if your comfortable with a wire transfer. I understand your hesitation and completely understand, just wanted to explain it from my point as well. Thanks again, Ben

Quote Originally Posted by MPPDMC
    hi are you going to sell this setup or not? it is easy to setup a paypal account and there are no fees and it is the most secure way to receive or pay out funds. I am not going to wire you money with no guarantees you will send me the parts bought as I do not personally know you. you can call me at 415-823-0698 I am in Napa CA pacific time. thanks
    really so using paypal protects me if i send you money which gets wired to your paypal account and if you fail to send me the parts I get my money back. If I just wire you the money I am not protected and have no guarantees you will send my parts, i am not stupid to wire you money wtf. what are you talking about when you say I can deny a posted payment? you are the one i am sending payment to and I cannot cancel payment once it is sent ? You could also send the parts to me COD which means no money from me no parts or I can send you a credit card check which takes money from my credit acct and then you take said check and cash it then you send me my parts. so wtf is going on here? I will take a snapshot of these private messages and report you to the moderator as trying to rip me off by your requesting me to wire you money.

turbo

really so using paypal protects me if i send you money which gets wired to your paypal account and if you fail to send me the parts I get my money back. If I just wire you the money I am not protected and have no guarantees you will send my parts, i am not stupid to wire you money wtf. what are you talking about when you say I can deny a posted payment? you are the one i am sending payment to and I cannot cancel payment once it is sent ? You could also send the parts to me COD which means no money from me no parts or I can send you a credit card check which takes money from my credit acct and then you take said check and cash it then you send me my parts. so wtf is going on here? I will take a snapshot of these private messages and report you to the moderator as trying to rip me off by your requesting me to wire you money.
    or put these parts on ebay for sale and send me a link to the auction so i can buy them and we are both protected.

My VIN:    16811

BAE polished turbo kit, excellent condition

I will take a snapshot of these private messages and report you to the moderator as trying to rip me off by your requesting me to wire you money.
    Probably a sign of character for you right there Soundklller! Also, I must share that after eBay and PayPal hits you for $250 or more in fees on a 3k sale, there's eBay buyer protection. I sold a known perfect turbo that came out of a running car on eBay and 10 days later eBay opened a case on behalf of the customer for a refund. After a long hassle and knowing its history I was Returned was a totally abused, burned and seized Garrett. (just imagine how!) Regardless of my argument to eBay as the seller, I had to cough up the money to refund it despite that I had over 1000+ feedback as a seller.

turbo

me a character what is wrong with you people, I would like to buy a turbo setup and you expect me to wire money to a stranger and I get no guarantees that I will ever get my parts. If I pay for these parts using paypal I am protected from fraud, If I pay for these parts with a credit card or a credit card check I am protected from fraud. If I WIRE CASH I AM NOT PROTECTED AND I AM NOT STUPID. I AM NOT THE ONE TRYING TO RIP SOMEONE OFF OR THE ONE ASKING FOR MONEY TO BE WIRED TO ME .

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

You don't just walk into a forum with 0 posts are start dictating terms. And what's with that threat of reporting Soundkiller to a mod? Here is a good moderator to report him to:

http://dmctalk.org/member.php?322-Soundkillr

Not only is he a mod, he has been an active part of the community and this forum for more than a decade. If you don't trust him fine, go ahead and get mad. Paypal is biased toward the buyer and everyone knows it, especially scammers. There are so many ways dishonet buyers can rip off honest sellers. Anything over 500 bucks, you gift me or you don't buy from me. Don't like it? Go cry about it out of my sight.

Remember... You are the stranger here not us. All you are is a couple of posts with a rather arrogant and self centered tone.

Sorry soundkiller, didn't mean to interject into your "for sale" thread.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Posting PMs?

Not cool Michael (The OP, not the other Michael), not cool. Don't you understand what the P in PM stands for?

Ben can ask for payment in Peruvian Llamas if he chooses. The seller dictates the price and the method of payment. As the other Michael notes, Ben is a well known member of the community who bought his car in the last century , which was also a BAE car, so he would be a useful resource to whomever buys this kit. I would certainly vouch for him as would many on here. But you don't know me so that wouldn't help either, I suppose.

As I understand it, you just bought the car that sat in a Napa field for forever so you may be in need of some technical assistance over the next few months so try not to burn too many bridges right out of the gate.

Ben, a bankers check works but you have to allow at least 10 days for it to clear. An alternative may be to use an escrow service
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast