FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Two Rescued Deloreans from a long hibernation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    00879 and 10903

Two Rescued Deloreans from a long hibernation

I am new to Deloreans and this forum, but I plan to start visiting a lot more due to recently acquiring two Deloreans from a friend. One is an early 81 model (Will post number later once I write it down) and the second is a Dec. 81 1982 model (VIN 10903). The 82 had been fitted with a Turbo kit at one point in it's life and the almost destroyed in a roll over accident. I believe the right person could return this car to the road again, but it would take a whole lot of work and dedication. The 81 model will be the one I focus on getting back on the road because it would require the least amount of work. I hope with the information found on DMCTalk and other sources that I can get this car going again. My name is Matthew and I am located in middle TN and I look forward in participating in the forum.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

If you ever find yourself close to Kingsport pm me!

Oh and welcome!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome Matthew

you should find all the info you ever need on here, and if you can't find it, just ask.

And we'd love to see pictures of the cars when you get a chance too.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    00879 and 10903

Pics

Here are the two cars. The 82 (wrecked one) is number 10903 and it has the Intercooled, water/alcohol injected turbo system on it. It has a 160mph speedo and showing less than 9k + miles on the odo. It must have been a wild ride in its day with hand painted pinstripe and blacked out taillights. It is an automatic.
    The 81 is number 00879 and has 1175miles on the car. It was wrecked in the front but almost completely repaired. It is a 5spd with black interior, which would be the one I get back on the road. I am very excited about the cars, but know both are going to be a lot of work. The 82 will probably be sold later on because it is more of a project than I would like to tackle.

Thanks for the comments so far and Michael I am in Sparta Tn, so I don't believe we are too far away.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I think you are right in focusing on the nicer one. The rolled car is pretty much a parts cache for you at this point and when you get what you need off it, sell the rest to fund the resto project.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I have to say, for a car that has been rolled, it looks in remarkably good condition.

Any chance of a better shot of the turbo engine in the 82? It looks like an Island set-up, but it's hard to say.

Make sure to save that sweet period turbo badge
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I would remove the T roof and doors to see how bad it really is. From the pics it dont look that bad?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!