FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Exterior door handle broke. How hard is it?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    1597

Exterior door handle broke. How hard is it?

Long time guys but today I shut the door and it snagged the car cover. I flicked the driv side handle and it broke leaving the door cockeyed. Luckily it opens/closes fine but you must reach in and use the arm rest handle. The break appears to be the forward part of the handle as i can see the break where it obviously attached to something.
    Question- Ron and I have done everything to this car that can be done and I have left blood in those doors replacing window lifts. That said I am now partially disabled due to 3 ruined lower back disc so the hardcore bending,laying on floors,hands over my head for periods of time is out. The DMC add makes it seem like replacing the handles with the new and improved is so easy a Gov employee could do it.
    Is this true????? Anyone have the actual instructions on pdf or is there a "How to" so I can judge if its within my ability. Also anything else to get "while I am at it' Also, what is the part number for these "screws/bolts" that are easy to lose within the door? I would like to grab a few cause i know I will.
    If not, its time for a road trick up into the NC mountains just as the pollen hits.
    BTW- Vin 1597, Thanks, Jim in SC.
    Last edited by JIMJAM; 03-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."