FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How long before attempting restart after flooding engine?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    10907

Pretty sure it flooded because I pumped the gas too hard/too many times after the first unsuccessful start, so I guess I'm trying to figure out why it didn't start on the first try? It's taken a couple tries to start occasionally in the past and I want to say it hasn't been first thing in the morning but I'm not 100% sure. I do generally let it sit for either less than 2 hours or more than 8 because if I'm stopping it's usually either a rest stop, work, or home/hotel for the night. But there have been a couple times I took it out halfway through my shift and I kind of think some of the incidents may have been on those occasions but maybe I'm misremembering. It hasn't happened consistently enough to really pin down.

I did have a similar issue in my CRX during cold, wet weather and that went away after I stopped pumping the gas before starting after the first start of the day and/or started putting Heet in it during the winter, but that's carbureted so not sure the root cause would be the same.

Edit: poking around the blue and gray plugs this morning, I did notice that they wiggled a bit when attached. Is that normal?
    Last edited by DaraSue; 03-08-2017 at 12:39 PM.