FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Day Meetup

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

(Sorry for the double post, too late to edit the one above)

Meant to add --- beginning of May sounds good Chris!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

The only weekend I'd be available is May 6th/7th. This is right after finals week at school and then later in the week I'll be moving out of state for a semester for work in Michigan. The major things I could use help with on my car are replacing the front springs and replacing a torn CV joint boot. Has a date been set yet?

Thanks!

My VIN:    5311

No date yet, just threw this thread out there to gauge interest.

I can tentatively plan for the weekend of the 6th. My place is located in East Cobb, Marietta.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5311

Ok guys, I'm 95% sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on May 7. I'll be up in Knoxville Thursday and Friday, likely returning on Saturday so it'll have to be that Sunday. So to start putting this together I need some information. Specifically:

- Who's coming?
    - How many of you are bringing your DMCs?
    - Of those bringing DMCs, what work needs doing?

I will happily provide beverages and lunch (as I am wont to do), just give me an idea of what you guys would like. I can do like last time and fire up the grill, or I can do the SEDOC standby of ordering pizza. Either way is fine by me.

My car has two issues that need attention. First, the brakes are kind of boned. I'll probably want to replace the brake lines with the SS versions. Second, I really want someone to help me track down that damn whirring noise my engine is making.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5302

I see on facebook (LifeInvader) that a couple people already can't make it on that date, so not sure if you'll end up changing it. But for what it's worth, either Saturday the 6th or Sunday the 7th should be ok for me. Probably would come in a different car, so no DMC work to put on the books.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

I should be able to go.

I was able to install my front springs myself, however I still need to replace my torn CV joint boot. Also need to replace the door to t-panel seals.

My VIN:    SCEDT26T6DD016438

Im interested!!!

Hello. Im interested in attending!!! Vin#16438. I have a vacum leak on my air selector and I need recharging of r34a.

We reposted this in our DMCGA page in Facebook. Maybe we get some others interested.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    Hey guys.

It's been a while since our last tech day. I just moved into a new house (yes yes I do that way too often), and I'm thinking of hosting one for Spring. How many of you might be down for something sometime in the beginning of May?
    Last edited by delorean16438; 04-10-2017 at 12:05 PM.

My VIN:    10201

Ill be showing up with my DMC. I need to change out my crossover pipe, but dont think that's feasible on a Sunday. I have to drive back Alabama cutting my time short.

@RamblinDMC: Im going to try to actually test out my shift plate design so that if it fits, you can cut out the real one and just bring it to the meetup.

@mrmaxime
    Sounds good! Just send me the CAD file and ship me materials and I can take care of it!

I am going to try and make it. This would be my first. Would bring my car and maybe replace the thermo-time switch. The plastic on the wiring plug is broken and allows the plug to go on either way. So want to be sure I am plugging the new one up correctly so will not burn it up.

Mark

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast