FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hervey's carpet sets - anyone got them?

Hervey's carpet sets - anyone got them?

Hi guys

I'm just after your opinion on Hervey's carpet sets. are they good quality? I'm split between Hervey and Houston and need some persuasion either way.

cheers
    dave.

Question

+1...interested too....noticed Herveys are significantly cheaper...

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Dave H had some made in the UK,
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

My VIN:    05141

Yep, I have a set from John Hervey. complete set actually.
    I have a grey interiour and I ordered the opal color, which is a bit darker than normal I think.

The only disdavantage is that the set comes in a box where the carpet is folded into. It kind of wrinkles the set that would not come out. So before installing I used my wife's steam iron and carefully got all the wrinkles out.

I installed the new carpet set 3 years ago, and they still lool like new today. I am very happy with the result. I added Dynamat under there too (not recomended though for the so called sound improvement) but I had the carpet set installed with ease. Takes you about 3 evenings to do this, but is a very nice work, not that hard to do either.
    The set also included the small parts for the doors.
    On the second picture you see the new part of set on the drivers side and the old one at the passengers side. Note the decoloration difference with that part under the console. That is the color I wanted (as it was 30 years ago) and you can see it came pretty darn close.

I redyed the whole interiour and with the seats newly recovered and the new carpet set the car was like showroom new

After so many miles and vacuum cleaning, the carpet does not show any sighs of wear.
    Anyone wants to see more pictures just met me know.

John
    Attached Images

hi guys

sorry for the late reply I've been away.

alright. I'll have a continued look around. see what's what.

Have a chat with Dave H.

thanks again!

Dave.

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Only because you mentioned that you were considering ours will I mention that one of the big differences between Hervey's carpets and the DMCH carpets (available through any of our dealers) is that ours are molded to fit (like the originals), rather than cut and sewn. As with any interior project, quality of the finished product has a great deal to with the skill of the installer, and a molded set is easier to install. Here are some photos of the molds and the first prototype set of carpets (from Spring 2009) that came off the molds.

Though the photos show the first prototype, all production carpet sets being sold by DMC and our dealers have the correctly molded and colored "heel and toe" pads as well as black piping on the edges, the correctly grained vinyl on the "flaps" of the sill carpets, storage compartment cover and the two pieces that go on the bottom of each lower door panel.

Standard molded carpet sets come in light grey or "charcoal" and any of the colors shown here: http://www.delorean.com/store/p-1040...roduction.aspx

The carpet comes with a jute backing, but it is also available with a sound deadening material backing by special order at additional cost. Call for pricing or to order this option.

James
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5086

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    Yep, I have a set from John Hervey. complete set actually.
    I have a grey interiour and I ordered the opal color, which is a bit darker than normal I think.

The only disdavantage is that the set comes in a box where the carpet is folded into. It kind of wrinkles the set that would not come out. So before installing I used my wife's steam iron and carefully got all the wrinkles out.

I installed the new carpet set 3 years ago, and they still lool like new today. I am very happy with the result. I added Dynamat under there too (not recomended though for the so called sound improvement) but I had the carpet set installed with ease. Takes you about 3 evenings to do this, but is a very nice work, not that hard to do either.
    The set also included the small parts for the doors.
    On the second picture you see the new part of set on the drivers side and the old one at the passengers side. Note the decoloration difference with that part under the console. That is the color I wanted (as it was 30 years ago) and you can see it came pretty darn close.

I redyed the whole interiour and with the seats newly recovered and the new carpet set the car was like showroom new

After so many miles and vacuum cleaning, the carpet does not show any sighs of wear.
    Anyone wants to see more pictures just met me know.

John
    Out of curiosity, what is that second metal plate above your vin plate in the picture?

Steering wheel logo

I know it's off topic, but I have to ask about that DMC logo on your steering wheel. What is it? How'd you do it? I'd love to replicate the look on mine.

My VIN:    05141

Deloreans are not allowed on the Begian roads, because there was never a homologation certificate. Many countries in Europe dealt with this one way or another. But someone here pulled it off to register deloreans as "prototypes" so I'm officially driving a prototype car. I did not like that plate being installed there, but it HAD to be there. A last attempt to install it on the other side was also denied.
    All Begian Delorean (should) have that there.

But I believe recently it has become easier to register deloreans, or so I heard.

John

Steering with power

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Sorry to go off topic, there is a document on the Eurotec forum which details a 50 car Belgian trial, which doesn't appear quite got there
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast