FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hervey's carpet sets - anyone got them?

My VIN:    02766

I just got the DMCH black seat covers and love them... I will be looking at ordering some carpet from them next after seeing these photos. I dont know if mine faded over time or what but the factory carpet in mine looks almost like it has a blue/green tint to it or something.
    Living the Dream... on sunny days and weekends

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

We just got in a car with a "cut and sewn" carpet set installed, and I thought I'd post some pics to show the difference. There is a significant visual difference between DMC molded sets and others cut and sewn sets. Despite others use of our part numbers for these, they are not the same. Compare the photos of "cut and sewn" kit to the original molded set in your car and in Dave's photos. That's why there's a $250 difference.

And, despite what some may say the DMC kits DO come with the lower carpet strip for the lower door panel AND pieces are individually replaceable if it ever become necessary.

James

-----------------
    Attached Images

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Closeup of the vinyl used

Here's closeup photos of the vinyl's used in our molded sets and others "cut and sewn". Compare it to the original in your car - this is same vinyl that we had made for the vinyl sides of the seats and the a- and b-pillar trims that we sell. Ours is on the left.

James
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

While I think I agree with your opinion of the "cut and sewn", could you provide a comparison picture between the two styles of carpet material used?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    We just got in a car with a "cut and sewn" carpet set installed, and I thought I'd post some pics to show the difference. There is a significant visual difference between DMC molded sets and others cut and sewn sets. Despite others use of our part numbers for these, they are not the same. Compare the photos of "cut and sewn" kit to the original molded set in your car and in Dave's photos. That's why there's a $250 difference.

And, despite what some may say the DMC kits DO come with the lower carpet strip for the lower door panel AND pieces are individually replaceable if it ever become necessary.

James

-----------------
    Now all you need to do is have your manufacture not glue the backing on. I agree the molded fit nice when a lot of extra effort is applied. Especially on the wheel wells, If the jute was separate and applied first with the carpet glued to it after fitment would be excellent.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

James

-----------------
    Please tell me you are replacing these right? The "cut and sew" across the wheel wells is terrible. This isn't even comparable in quality.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    06960

this is same vinyl that we had made for the vinyl sides of the seats
    Do you by chance sell this vinyl in bulk?
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    05141

I have a cut ans sewn version, does not quite look like the one you're showing.
    John
    Attached Images

Steering with power

I will be buying the DMCH light grey version at some point this year.....

Thanks for showing the differences!!

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    I will be buying the DMCH light grey version at some point this year.....

Thanks for showing the differences!!
    I would probably buy the DMCH version too for ease of installation but you've got to keep in mind that James and Hervey aren't exactly buddies. They both say the same crap about each others products all the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast