FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Ben's Viper

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Ben's Viper

Hi guys, Ben and I got together last fall just a few weeks after his beautiful new toy was delivered to him. Daaaaaaang!!! As you would expect, it's as pristine as his DeLorean was. Something like 3,xxx(?) miles on it, not a single swirl mark or even the tiniest of rock chips anywhere. Like brand new condition wherever you look. Even still has the white factory pencil marks in the wheel wells. We went for a drive, and holy moly, yep, everything you would imagine about riding in a Viper is true -- it's a brute machine with mega power - what a blast!! And the sound -- wow -- like an angry beast being unleashed. Could not be a more different animal than the DeLorean. I've always had a soft spot for the 90's Vipers, and this first experience in one did not disappoint. Really an awesome car!

Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Thanks man! The Viper is definitely different, but there are some similarities between the two. Both exotic, limited numbers, both hand built, both have a finished bottom, build numbers in sequence. 1996 was the first year for the gts , and as such all were painted blue on white (with the exception of 7 that were reversed and went to executives) and all had black interior. 97 introduced new colors and was the last year for blue and white.
    The Viper is hand painted. Some Viper guys can even track down the guy who painted their car. This one still has all the build stickers on the bottom, complete with dates, so I know roughly when my car was finished and rolled off the line. Because it's hand built you get all the build issues like DeLorean. I have since adjusted the hood, so now it sits more flush.
    Sadly I haven't even driven it since our last ride....
    I have several more pics including the bottom of the car in my profile, under Viper
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Very beautiful Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Very beautiful Viper
    Thanks man!
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Ben, that's an awesome and beautiful car indeed! You must be excited! Wow!

I would agree with the description above of it as an angry beast. A few years ago, I got the chance to ride in one with a professional race car driver on an airport tarmac. After I buckled in and planted my feet, the engine began singing its baritone symphony and tire smoke was billowing out the wheel wells. I can only describe the feeling as extreme excitement bordering on fear. Man, what a memory.

You sir, are a lucky man.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10201

Nice. Kind of shame that my friend never drives his. I've seen in it his garage not running for over a year simply because the battery is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Nice. Kind of shame that my friend never drives his. I've seen in it his garage not running for over a year simply because the battery is dead.

That is sad. I will add, what a shock it is to me, owners can let the Viper sit, with no care at all other than a battery tender, and a year later the car will fire right up. In fact the only storage rule most owners share or live by: purchase a battery tender and let sit....
    Soundkillr was here.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Ben, that's an awesome and beautiful car indeed! You must be excited! Wow!

I would agree with the description above of it as an angry beast. A few years ago, I got the chance to ride in one with a professional race car driver on an airport tarmac. After I buckled in and planted my feet, the engine began singing its baritone symphony and tire smoke was billowing out the wheel wells. I can only describe the feeling as extreme excitement bordering on fear. Man, what a memory.

You sir, are a lucky man.
    Thank you Dana, I appreciate it!
    Soundkillr was here.