FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking for yellow zinc plating in metro atlanra.

My VIN:    10201

Looking for yellow zinc plating in metro atlanra.

Any of you guys know a good place to get parts plated? I took some time off to work on my car this week and I'm thinking of having some parts plated.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Any of you guys know a good place to get parts plated? I took some time off to work on my car this week and I'm thinking of having some parts plated.
    Probably just as fast as going to a local plating company would be to put all your parts in a flat rate USPS box and ship it to DMCMW. They work with plating company in IL that has quick turnaround, is familiar with DeLorean parts, and DMCMW takes great care to make sure no parts get lost.

A few years back I mailed a few hundred nuts, bolts, brackets, brake and suspension parts and don't think I had a single thing missing when it came back. The large parts were all individually bubble wrapped after plating too. It's a pretty awesome service that they provide and I don't think they charge much on top of what the plating company charges them.

If you only have a couple of small parts it may actually be cheaper to go through DMCMW since they batch parts together in larger runs. You can potentially avoid the minimum service fee for having a plating company do a special run just for you.

My VIN:    03254

Quick Internet search found these guys in Tucker, GA

http://m.dixiefinishing.com/?url=htt...referrer=#2937

Obviously based on my previous thread I disagree with Mark D. If your platers are anything like the ones in Denver you can get a lot done really inexpensively.

As far as trusting nothing gets lost by sending to Houston, they unpack add to others stuff (potentially) then sending to plater... then back to them... sorted and finally to you without anything misplaced... that's seems like small odds...

I won't even get into throwing stones about Houston's shipping history...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Dan Haney
    Rocky Mountain Deloreans
    Vin #'s 3254 & 3519

My VIN:    10201

Thanks guys but I just went ahead with some black Rust-Oleum lol

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by dhaney View Post
    Quick Internet search found these guys in Tucker, GA

http://m.dixiefinishing.com/?url=htt...referrer=#2937

Obviously based on my previous thread I disagree with Mark D. If your platers are anything like the ones in Denver you can get a lot done really inexpensively.

As far as trusting nothing gets lost by sending to Houston, they unpack add to others stuff (potentially) then sending to plater... then back to them... sorted and finally to you without anything misplaced... that's seems like small odds...

I won't even get into throwing stones about Houston's shipping history...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Just to clarify, I was referring to DMCMW for plating services, not DMCH.