FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Radiator fan replacement help

My VIN:    10201

Well shit. I turned it more and it gushed out fluid. It's still dripping even after taking the bolt off. Looks like i definitely need a new one now.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Since you are in the market now, consider the dmceu aluminum rad. It is a very nice unit, very well built. With an aluminum rad and your new cooling fans overheating will not be a concern. It dropped my cruising temps roughly 15F.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Since you are in the market now, consider the dmceu aluminum rad. It is a very nice unit, very well built. With an aluminum rad and your new cooling fans overheating will not be a concern. It dropped my cruising temps roughly 15F.
    +1
    I have the EU unit and it really does not cost more if you buy it when the currency conversion is good for us.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10201

It's what I'm going to go with. I was offered one shortly after posting this thread and it's cheaper than the alternatives right now.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    It's what I'm going to go with. I was offered one shortly after posting this thread and it's cheaper than the alternatives right now.
    It's also better than the alternatives (IMO). I wouldn't trust any other radiator to adequately cool my engine. The difference in quality and performance is immediately clear.

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

What is the difference between the EU radiator and other aluminum options out there? I have not heard of the EU option before and am curious because I have the original in my car. Thanks.
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6298 View Post
    What is the difference between the EU radiator and other aluminum options out there? I have not heard of the EU option before and am curious because I have the original in my car. Thanks.
    At this moment, the DMCEU rad is the only aluminum option available (AFAIK). I remember there was a thread somewhere comparing the different rads with dimensions. Worth a search.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    6125

At this moment, the DMCEU rad is the only aluminum option available (AFAIK). I remember there was a thread somewhere comparing the different rads with dimensions. Worth a search.
    Is DMCH no longer offering their aluminum radiator? I installed one of those on my car about 3 years ago and aside from a little bit of clearance grinding on the shroud it was a perfect swap. Or is that just the same one from DMCEU that they are reselling?

My VIN:    10270

The only change I would make is to have Ed check the "taxes will be paid by shipper" when sending to the US.

Taxes will never be charged to him because nothing this small ever gets a duty. $800 is the threshold but it's still uncommon for individuals to be charged.

Sometimes if Fedex sees that taxes are to be paid by addressee, they will pay a duty on your behalf and then charge a fee for paying it. It's like a $3 duty plus a $15 fee or some such nonsense. They will drop the charge if you call and argue about it, which is what makes the whole thing super sketchy. This happened to someone else and I thought they were pulling my leg until it happened to me.

Regardless it's totally worth any minor hassle as it's a great product.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    The only change I would make is to have Ed check the "taxes will be paid by shipper" when sending to the US.

Taxes will never be charged to him because nothing this small ever gets a duty. $800 is the threshold but it's still uncommon for individuals to be charged.

Sometimes if Fedex sees that taxes are to be paid by addressee, they will pay a duty on your behalf and then charge a fee for paying it. It's like a $3 duty plus a $15 fee or some such nonsense. They will drop the charge if you call and argue about it, which is what makes the whole thing super sketchy. This happened to someone else and I thought they were pulling my leg until it happened to me.

Regardless it's totally worth any minor hassle as it's a great product.
    I don't remember how mine was shipped (about 4 years ago) but there was no fees due when received.

Edit: Found my receipt. Total price was 255,88 EUR. That was 07/16/2012
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 03-13-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast