FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Which calendar type would you be interesting in purchasing?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard "glamour shots" calendar

5 22.73%
  • a Day in the Life - repairs, maintenance, barn finds, etc.

6 27.27%
  • Both

9 40.91%
  • neither

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Calendar options

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

2018 Calendar options

Starting to think about this a bit earlier this year thanks to an email from Nick Pitello.

What do you folks all think about 2 calendar options for next year? One with standard glamour shots - the cars in interesting places, all cleaned up and pretty (like this https://www.createphotocalendars.com...dar-5840761861), and another more of a "Day in the Life" of a DeLorean owner, with cars in their natural habitat, or in the process or repairs and maintenance (like below):
    dirty no hood.jpg

Or pictures of Barn finds / abandoned DeLoreans? I know several folks that could contribute in that category.

What does everyone think? Would you buy a regular calendar, the day in the life calendar, or both (neither is OK as well).
    Michael Babb

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I like the day in the life idea and I basically daily mine everyday and use it for everyday stuff and drive it at least twice a week to work which is 164 miles round trip a day. here's a day in the life photo that I took yesterday as I use my car to go grocery shopping.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

or even go shopping at Target. I also take mine to a lot of car shows. My car is a restomod and I built it not to sit in the garage all the time. I would love to see the calendar

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    or even go shopping at Target. I also take mine to a lot of car shows. My car is a restomod and I built it not to sit in the garage all the time. I would love to see the calendar
    Thanks Christian! That is awesome, Just like that. In my mind, the way I have done calendars in the past has been very formal. Just the cars in cool settings, no people, etc. The day in trhe live would be a more informal style.

And mine is a working car as well.

IMG_20150919_150254.jpg

IMG_20150919_150439.jpg
    Michael Babb

Haha yeah I remember seeing pictures of this when you had it all loaded with Mulcher topsoil or something. Lol. My car is a very clean car and yes I do baby and a lot of times I do run the hell out of it and I also use it for day-to-day stuff. On my way to work it is an 82 Mile Drive across two states and another 82 back and I drive that at least twice a week!

My VIN:    3937

I like the abandoned/barn find idea myself. The day in the life idea is good too. I think either of those would want pics showing the majority of the whole car and not just a small portion (trunk, engine bay, etc.)

Not sure about licensing rights or whatever, but another idea could be the cars alongside someone famous? BTTF people of course, but others too. I have a good pic of my car with a Jack Sparrow costumed guy that turned out well. It's not really Johnny Depp though of course.

Or groups of cars at events, like DCS or the European group at the Titanic shipyard.

Just a note on costs... the exchange rate to get one of the calendars in Canada is absolute dogsh!t and makes it come to about $40 by the time it's at your front door. That's starting to get a bit pricey unfortunately to get one every year.

Here's a couple of the abandoned ones I got thinking of...

Field find.jpgRan when parked.jpg3.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I like the abandoned/barn find idea myself. The day in the life idea is good too. I think either of those would want pics showing the majority of the whole car and not just a small portion (trunk, engine bay, etc.)
    Agreed - probably want the whole car, not just a section.

For licensing, they would have to be pictures that we can get the full rights to use. Usually images that the person submitting has taken, or had taken themselves.

You think you can find some place that could do local printing for you and we may be able to work something out.
    Michael Babb

My car vin 11035 was abandon when I bought it 13 years ago.
    Here is before and after pictures of my interior and engine compartment. I found this car abandoned in Malibu California left outside and partially parked under a tree. It's sad since the early nineties when I bought it and had it shipped to Maryland and now that lives in West Virginia when I moved 2 years ago. I am almost done the restoration but I have a boatload of pictures while I was restoring it on my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    My car vin 11035 was abandon when I bought it 13 years ago.
    Here is before and after pictures of my interior and engine compartment. I found this car abandoned in Malibu California left outside and partially parked under a tree. It's sad since the early nineties when I bought it and had it shipped to Maryland and now that lives in West Virginia when I moved 2 years ago. I am almost done the restoration but I have a boatload of pictures while I was restoring it on my Facebook

WOW - quite the stark contrast with before and after!
    Michael Babb

Thank you! I took forever and with the help from my wife when I was redoing the interior and which direction I wanted to go. Some people had done 2 tone but I changed the character by changing the color of the stitching on the material. Then there is the led and electroluminescent upgrades, heated seats, maybe cruise control and still not done but almost though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast