FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just a quick VENT.

My VIN:    1597

Just a quick VENT.

1st off I know better. Its happened many times yet you tell yourself, surely after being around so long and doing this 24/7 for decades they can "get it right.

Placed a order for something you REALLY need and its kinda important to be able to get into your car. The car works a lot better if someone is sitting in the seat to drive.

So I placed a online order "first mistake that I know better" and waited. And waited see "not yet shipped"

So I called today and told " Those on on back order for probably 3+ months. Somebody usually sends a email. Do you want to wait until whenever they come in?

All at once the flood of horror stories and having $1000+ orders help up because a fir tree or bolt is on back order.

I use to rage when this kinda crap happened but now older,wiser and Xanax, I realize it just part of the Delorean ownership experience.
    It separates the truly dedicated from the rest.

Always CALL. Verify everything and hold hands. Don't assume because its Texas they have their together. They don't.

Ok, mini not even a rant over. Just disappointed some things are the same now as they always were and its totally unneccesary.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Moral of the story. Xanax is good. Xanax is very good.
    Soundkillr was here.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Moral of the story. Xanax is good. Xanax is very good.
    Part number?
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

What part?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    What part?
    I was having a laugh.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I was having a laugh.
    I was curious what part is backordered 3+ months.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Vent

Door Handles. In stock @ $189.75 a pair.
    Rob

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Every vendor has their "good days" and their "bad days". Could be someone is on vacation or sick or just not available. Parts get back-ordered all the time. Often it takes a bunch of back-orders before the vendor hits a minimum quantity to order from a vendor and they really don't know just when they will have enough orders to make it worth ordering. Always follow up with a phone call. Our vendors, for the most part, are not completely internet capable meaning they aren't Amazon and don't conduct all of their business over the internet. If you are in that much of a hurry you need to communicate that to your vendor and make sure they have what you are looking for in stock before ordering. Often if one vendor doesn't have what you need, another usually still does. All of the vendors try to satisfy their customers but you have to tell them your needs.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10201

Seems like jimjam is just as upset for not remembering to call them up immediately.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Seems like jimjam is just as upset for not remembering to call them up immediately.
    When you order a hamburger at McDonalds you (the customer) should not have to remind them 5 minutes later that you want a hamburger.
    When you order a part, you should not have to remind the vendor that you need a part and if the vendor does not have it, call the customer and ask them if they want to wait. I was a service manager for 4 years at Mercedes Benz and one thing I stressed was always keep the customer updated. If their car was in for some hidden problem, my rule was call them once a day to give them an update...even if there was no news, just to assure them we are still looking and diagnosing and we haven't forgot about them.
    If the customer feels like they have to call or come in to check the progress then we were not doing our job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast