Thread: Paint is dull on fascia/bumper- make glossy again?

Paint is dull on fascia/bumper- make glossy again?

Both the front and the rear paint is pretty dull - actually it is like a very even Matte. I have some nufinish car wax I'm going to see what that's like on it. If that doesn't work very much, what are the options? Besides being not shining, the paint is actually very even in color. Only the back has a few small wrinkles at the top of the Fascia.
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post
    Both the front and the rear paint is pretty dull - actually it is like a very even Matte. I have some nufinish car wax I'm going to see what that's like on it. If that doesn't work very much, what are the options? Besides being not shining, the paint is actually very even in color. Only the back has a few small wrinkles at the top of the Fascia.
    If it's a later VIN car the finish is supposed to be matte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delorean Guru

My VIN:    10757

Club(s):   (DMA)

You can wash it, clay bar it, polish and wax. I like the product line over at Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com). They sell everything you will need including the buffer and pads. They don't have anything for the S/S except car wash soap.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Pending. Previously 10115 & 5252

To be more specific about what gullwingD stated, any DeLorean after VIN 3599 left the factory with matte fascia paint. So if your car is above that VIN, no amount of products will make your fascias look like the earlier glossy ones.
    Louie Golden